Original topic:

I can't change permission for visit in app

(Topic created on: 05-29-2020 10:08 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
So anyone else having issues with turning off/changing app permission for visit in app?. I keep trying to turn this off or block it. It's useless to me because it's not like we have Samsung stores where I live. But it's so annoying when it pushes an ad. So I turned off notifications for this and I seems to help but I don't like how it still has access to my location. 

0 Likes
9 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
I did that also but as far as I can tell the app location permissions don't appear to be changeable. 🤔 which is a bit bothersome.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Visit In is adware (but surely classifies as malware due to its intrusive nature) made by Samsung to prompt you to buy things if you are within range of an authorized seller. Disable/uninstall the com.android.samsung.ipsgeofence package via ADB or using a package manager (I use CCSWE)

ADB: pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.ipsgeofence

ADB Steps: (do 1-12 inclusively and then type what I wrote above that starts with pm) https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

I did it and it's perfectly safe to do it. That malware appeared out of the blue late last year and was added as a "system" app following Android Q, along with "Samsung Positioning", com.samsung.android.samsungpositioning
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
CHMultimedia, you should explain the procedure
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Post edited accordingly. Thanks!
keagan
Options
Others
Hi TBone,
Visit In is a marketing platform for bringing nearby benefits of Samsung offline stores to Visit In users. Visit In aims to establish marketing channels between Samsung offline stores and users.
You can opt-out by disabling the location-based notifications settings.
Open App Info >> Tap on settings icon >> Disable Location-based notifications.
Unfortunately, there is no option available to permanently disable the location.

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
C'est nouveau, je viens d'avoir une notification de Visit In, première fois qu'elle se manifeste
0 Likes
neals
Active Level 6
Others
just use package disabler pro and disable it thats all i do for bloatware now that i dont have rooted phone
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Others
I also have the same problem. it also apply to Bixby stuff.
0 Likes