Original topic:

In case you wonder

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 09:14 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
No, there's no Pie yet for ANY CSC AT ALL. Checked manually. That means there's no Pie for any carrier at all, including for unlocked models.

Go to sleep and hopefully when you wake up the update will be there. Otherwise, thanks Rogers, Fido and Bell for the fake dates.

(There's not even the Note8 Jan patch either. So I believe they just didn't begin to rollout anything)
19 Comments
Others
Sleep is for the weak.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Or for the smart people that know a good night of sleep is critical to having a good day, feeling rested and full of energy. And also to better learn.

That said, good night
Chib
Active Level 3
Others
would be so mad if all the carriers bamboozled us
0 Likes
Victorious
Active Level 1
Others
bamboozle = bamboozle
0 Likes
Nundo
Active Level 4
Others
I think everyone has learned here that Carriers will NEVER push an update at midnight. Regardless to what people are saying, Carrier based updates are monitored so in case something goes wrong; the update can be pulled. I am sure that the update will begin to rollout today AFTER 9AM. Please be patient and STOP asking ... reading forums before asking IS common sense. Goodnight!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Wrong wrong wrong. S7 Oreo was released at Midnight

Please check your facts before posting.

I also addressed that there's no such thing as "carrier-based updates", it's all Samsung.
Geico
Active Level 8
Others
Samsung releases the updates, the carriers make sure everything is good and put their bloatware on their. (mybell or myrogers and that kind or stuff.)
Nundo
Active Level 4
Others
Incorrect. Carriers are the ones who release the update, not Samsung for carrier based models. YOU may want to check your sources. I have never seen an update rollout on a Sunday AT midnight, specially a major software update... that's ridiculous. I am fortunate enough to have a new phone every 6 months and I have never seen any OEM release an update at such ridiculous times. If you were correct, we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation. Please stop feeding people fake facts. Keep an eye on this post as it will start rolling out during the day. watch and learned.
0 Likes
Geico
Active Level 8
Others
Actually, yeah you are partially right. Samsung Canada sends the update to the carriers and then the carriers put their bloatware, test it out and see if it needs any fixing. If it does, tells Samsung and Samsung works on it. Then back to the carriers and then the carriers release it. Or Samsung gets the update back from them and then releases to the corresponding devices.
0 Likes