Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Issue: Slow Charging

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 11:05 PM)
JayA50s
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Bakit itong Samsung Pagdating ng 73 or 82% ng charging  bigla siyang magtatagal magcharged dating 1hr&40mins ngaun 2hrs mahigit bago mafull charged 7months plang mula ng bilihin ko.

Ano kayang magandang remedyo dto Guys?
18 Comments
Others
maybe theres a problem with the battery
0 Likes
Others
maybe theres a problem with the battery
0 Likes
Others
maybe theres a problem with the battery dont use wireless charging use a samsung approved charger and adaptor :)
0 Likes
Others
Maybe theres a problem with the battery
0 Likes
louize
Beginner Level 2
Others
a7 2018 slow charging simula ng ma upgrade ko ng ui2 **bleep** fix samsung 3x na akong nagcharge sa maghapon gamit ko wifi iwan ko pag data
0 Likes
louize
Beginner Level 2
Others
sa case ko nag try ako gumamit ng charger ng a30 ganun pa din sa a7 ko slow charging pa dn dati naman hindi
0 Likes
gierv
Active Level 1
Others
same issue sa a30 ko pagdating 70% ambagal.na magcharge or 60%
0 Likes
gierv
Active Level 1
Others
After numerous posts here with people complaining that their fast charging was indeed much slower than before, I decided to investigate a bit.

First thing I noticed was that my phone wasn't as warm as before after charge is complete (to 80% for me) and I unplug it. So I used Accubattery to check the charging values and played with the charger a bit.

It turns out that the charging speed is greatly throttled by the temperature, with a cut off at only 33°C (91°F), which is much more agressive than before. This should be good for battery life, but clearly the quick charge feature is now not working as advertised. Note here how the current drops after it reached the threshold: https://imgur.com/a/F7g1CAw from 3000mA to 1400mA.

The charging speed is greatly affected by this of course, and the fast charging will only resume if the temperature drops under 31°C (87°F). If your phone never cools down, it will be stuck with this low charging current, much lower than the battery and charger allow (even taking into account the current decreasing as battery get filled)

These are totally undocumented changes and I really do not like that. The charging now performs poorly in certain occasions and people might just think their battery/phone or charger are bust (one of the post mentionned the OP buying a new charger to no avail, thank you Samsung).

0 Likes
gierv
Active Level 1
Others
sa update
0 Likes