Original topic:

LG mobile divison bleeding money

(Topic created on: 05-24-2019 04:36 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
I saw this article on android athority a few weeks ago about LG mobile divison bleeding money for the company for several years now. What got me thinking was another article i read the other day about how Sony mobile devision is down sizing in several countries. I know times are getting Tough in the smart phone market. So LG could maybe be closing up shop at some point, well at least in some areas. S.u.c.k.s to be them.

0 Likes
13 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
i saw another article about how oneplus sales are taking a dip and a lot has to do with the prices of the last few one plus devices. the "best bang for your buck" dosen't appear to be the thing any more for them. the one plus 7pro its like $200ish less the the galaxy S10E and dosen't have some key features of a "flag ship" for almost flag ship price. it would be a different story if it was like $400+ less the an S10E.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Well LG lost a lot of customers' trust with their bootloop issues and their denial. And the super slow updates just killed them. They have good hardware but they must prove to the world they can be competitive. Right now they are hoping the V50 5G will save them... And it won't
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
ya LG appears to be sliding down the slope and they need to make a big move and it would be best not to flow the high price tag trend that's been happening lately.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Others
What they should've done is work with pricing. Last year G7 came with free TV. Why didn't they just reduce the price of phone? This year same $200 gift card, but why not reduce the price so people have to pay smaller tab.

They price their devices near Samsung but can't deliver
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
yup i hear ya, we are at a point now where even the "mid-range" of today are the "flag-ship" of yesteryear's. so people can only do so many things with their devices with out it being gimmicky. so the next commonsense thing to do would be to concentrate on affordably. that being said devices today are getting out of hand, $1000 is not a "budget" model, sorry no way.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
LG is literally doing this. The LG G7 One, AKA LG Q9, is a midrange phone with Android One and an SD835. Today's midrange is yesterday's flagship... Especially since LG dropped the ball and got the G6 a SD821 and no G phone had a SD835

And their other midrange and budget devices are just pathetic
0 Likes
Others
My interpretation of this article is that LG is spending money so fast on manufacturing smartphones that customers are just not interested in purchasing them and going to other competition such as Samsung.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
ya i know 1 person with an LG phone, the rest of the people i know are using a samsung or boring I-junk and 1 person has a pixel, oh and my step dad has a new black berry lol who knew they where still around lol.
0 Likes
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Others
lg g8 isn't helping them either. Samsung and LG both innovate, but Samsung's innovation is much more polished when it is released unlike LG G8 and Samsung also take responsibility for there action i.e galaxy fold and note 7
0 Likes