Original topic:

Late Thank you to Samsung!

(Topic created on: 09-24-2017 12:32 PM)
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
Hey! I received my Dex last week but didn't get the chance to set it up til just now but I wanted to say thank you to Samsung again now that I have received it! It's truly generous that you guys do this for active members of the community here!

The Dex so far is great! Haven't been able to do much as of yet as I still have to purchase a keyboard for it but it runs applications very well and feels very quick. My only gripe is that when I hook up to my 1080p TV I can't adjust the frame size for my tv and the Dex doesn't have the capability to either so the edges get cut off. I haven't yet hooked it up to my 1080p monitor but that has an adjustable display so it should be fine there. I really hope they release 4k support as the box does say it supports UHD 4K hdmi so it's currently a bit misleading.

I'm currently going to use it as a 2nd screen experience in conjunction with my Laptop as my current 2nd screen setup isn't ideal. The first thing I'm going to do with it is to run Udemy for my tutorial work while I run Unity and make a game😊 Also going to keep a lot of reference work up on the Dex screen while I'm doing work. It is also going to be very handy for quick stuff to just pop my Note 8 into the Dex and carry on with greater multitasking needs or if multiple people need to view my device for a video or pictures. Overall, it's amazing to have, I highly recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a pc or laptop but does have all the peripherals like a keyboard, mouse and monitor or even a tv😊

Thanks again Samsung and @Nick!
12 Comments
Others
Congrats on receiving a Dex bro, well deserved, I also have a Dex and love it, I use it on a daily basis since my desktop PC died, was gonna buy another desktop but had decided to give Dex a try first and it's great, I still have my laptop but I find myself using Dex more often.
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah my Laptop is a little slower then id like due to the software i use but the Dex will help take the pressure off it so my laptop can run my more important applications while the Dex handles the other😊
0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Others
congratulations
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
thanks!
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Others
Congrats on the Dex brotha! I use mine everyday.. "No ragrets!!!"
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
😂😂 that's too good! Thanks Man!
0 Likes
Others
Lemme know how you like it bro, at first I wasn't a fan but after using it more and more, and after JMak fixed my issue, I LOVE my DeX!
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah! Really gotta play around with it more, been busy all weekend but now I'm gonna hunker down and play around, still gotta go get a keyboard though lol
0 Likes
Mawomo
Active Level 5
Others
@Jonathan34 how do you like the DeX, I really want one!!
0 Likes