Original topic:

Level Box Pro Quick Review

(Topic created on: 03-14-2018 10:09 PM)
DarkKing202
Active Level 1
Options
Others

After a few long weeks and lots of checking on the UPS app, the Level Box Pro that I was selected for came!

The boxing was very neat and tidy, secure but not overkill, and inconspicuous (wasn't able to be there for the delivery, so had UPS leave it by front door). The original box that the Level Box Pro was packged in was beautiful in it's simplicity. And bonus points for the foam inside for protection.

There wasn't much to unbox other than the speaker, charging cable, adapter, and manual. Like most products Samsung makes, the product was simple enough to figure out and start up (manual thankfully didn't unfold into a map).

Right away you can see and feel the quality of the speaker. The most satisfying thing is that Samsung didn't cheap out on the metal. Instead of like most speakers which use plastic or thin aluminum, Samsung put a sheet of metal half a centimeter thick all around the speaker.

The speaker itself is battery powered, which I wasn't expecting, and/or can be plugged in. As soon as I plugged it in, it began charging and searching for a Bluetooth device. Setup was quick and simple.
Using the Samsung Level app that others recommended I discovered a variety of options available to me. The most notable, aside from sound quality, are:

•Surround sound. For a small speaker it works very nicely and makes a noticeable change.

•UHQ upscaler. Enhances the resolution of music and videos with a small degree of improvement.

•Concert Hall. Stimulates the reverb of a concert hall. Listening to some Tech N9ne, it sounds and feels like you're at a empty concert hall with Tech himself practicing his art. The echo adds such a unbelievable ambient and realistic quality. Just beautiful. I should try this with opera.

•Tube Amp Pro. Stimulates the soft timbre of a tube amplifier. Personally, I haven't tried this out much so can't really say much.

•Overall Sound Control. Not to sure what to call this other than "sound control options". Haven't messed around with this either. For a better description will post screenshot.

•Bass. I have seen reviews or comments saying that the bass isn't up to par, but, not even bring the size into question, the bass is incredible.

Some things that could have been foreseen and improved:

•Button Fit. The button are of a nice hard, high, quality plastic, but wobble just slightly. Not that much of a proformance issue rather more personal need for perfection.

•Charging port. It only plugs in correctly one way (think USB) and a bit inconvenient.

•Charging Cable. Aside from the one way plug in, the other thing that bothers me is the length of it. Just barely enough room from shin height wall plug to the speaker (about hip height).

One last thing, the weight gives it a "High quality feel" and some are complaing about it. The weight isn't that heavy (will measure and update) and gives it a feel that no other speakers do.

Overall,
9/10
-DarkKing202

EDIT:

The weight is 850g. Pardon the delay, just took some time to carry this metal chunk of goodness to a scale. Still performs incredibly well and the battery life is still top notch.

70eb2f45-9a95-439a-ba4c-4f0a2048164f.jpg
f542c502-b0fd-4ea5-9138-80008efc49cb.jpg
808c385e-bfd0-41c4-a881-2016b4b40dc7.jpg
9e46d884-bf23-4156-80c9-48e09c0baf4c.jpg
19ca0d35-8f2f-41a3-ad5a-aeb85fc6659b.jpg
35267d34-ae04-47d1-b821-39437342eabc.jpg

4 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
Yup had mine for 1 year now and love it...
Enjoy .... great review btw.
DarkKing202
Active Level 1
Others
Will do!
0 Likes
Others
Awesome thank you for providing the detailed review for your Level Box, it is a great speaker with amazing quality!!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @DarkKing202, we are glad to hear that you have received your gift! Have fun using your Level Box Pro! Thanks again for your participation to our community!

- Wonchul
0 Likes