Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Mobile Data Toggle is there now - But HotSpot Toggle isn't FYI πŸ™„

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 02:53 PM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Thankfully Samsung / The Canadian Carriers (depending on which Samsung Moderators you agree with) have NOT removed the Mobile Data Toggle On One UI V2.0 - But inexplicably they have not restored the HotSpot Toggle - Likely it's just an oversight - But you can still use adb commands to restore the HotSpot Toggle - It's probably not as big a deal as the Mobile Data Toggle - But it is still silly - My 2 cents fwiw 🐧

8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Really? I hope they correct that because I always use my mobile hotspot for my Switch when outside and when I forget it my tablet drains my data.
0 Likes
Others
Yup - Really... Would have thought that they'd have restored both - Seeing as how they kinda go hand in hand... πŸ™„πŸ§
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
Wish Google would have kept the mobile toggle there
0 Likes
Others
It's not Google who removed the Mobile Data & HotSpot Toggles to begin with... For the longest time Samsung Moderators were telling us that it was the Canadian Carriers who have removed them & abruptly a Samsung Moderator said that it was Samsung Canada who removed them... Don't really know which story to believe... But Samsung wouldn't have anything to gain by removing them - But the Canadian Carriers on the other hand - COULD stand to make more money from people who exceeded their monthly Data limits... Just Sayin'
Anyway it's easy enough to add the Mobile Data HotSpot Toggles back with adb (Although you don't need to add the Mobile Data Toggle On One UI V2.0 now) - even though it's an unnecessary pain in the..... "blank" 🐧
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
Ohh, ok. Well, that would make sense for it to be the carriers. Would it matter what the device is?
0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Others
is there any way to get the data saver toggle?
0 Likes
Others
You might be able to use the app Tiles from the Play Store (requires adb) and Add a QS Tile for Data Saver - But I don't think that you can do it the same way as add the Mobile Data Toggle - Screen Shot is of the app - I use it for USB Debugging & VPN QS Tiles 🐧
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

HotSpot Toggle seems to missing from some devices, but is easily added back with adb.