Original topic:

NNNEW QLED TV

(Topic created on: 06-02-2019 02:44 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Hello. I just entered the realm of QLED entertainment.

It even recognizes automatically hardware like my PC or my Switch!

A few things to note however;

1- Disappointingly, FreeSync support isn't there for the 49" model. It socks a lot because there's no Q70R for the 49" size and that feature. This blocks a useful feature to people with size constraints.

2- Gallery doesn't support third-party services. A shame because since we all know S Cloud is going to be limited to a very anorexic 5GB for new accounts. There's not enough room to backup your data and store pics. Plus, there's a lot of countries where you can't buy more S Cloud storage, including Canada! Please add support for OneDrive at least!

3- Enabling HDR was not very straightforward. And colors looked very washed out on the TV once I enabled HDR and WCG on my Win10 PC that supports HDR.

4- Reverse Casting suffers from a huge quality loss.

Otherwise, the TV is simply great. I could watch those baby geese all day on this QLED TV. There are no pixels to ruin their soft, cute faces.

12 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av9nrwh43L-ageFxl8zE2i3ZuJQqLw

1m 4K footage of those baby geese. From my trip to a park yesterday. WARNING: 700MB of cuteness. Do not stream it because the bitrate is murdered on streaming from OD. Just download it for the cutest experience

It's only for new accounts that this restriction has been applied
0 Likes
Others
Here's my contribution to the WOWF 🕊
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
Guess I'll add mine too. I had some visitors come for a swim in my back yard .

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
It's a duck..I promise !!!!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
More like that rascal ATE a duck lol. Then he took his wings to pass as him so no one would notice
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @CHMultimedia,

Great to see you've hopped on the QLED bandwagon! I also commend your choice of baby geese as TV testing material—they look so real that I can almost feel how soft they are 😄

Anyways, your candid review is appreciated as always! Thanks for taking the time to write this up 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
That's more of a quick hands-on experience but I'll be sure to havea great review after! Reminds me I must do one for the Tab S5e too. Costco sent me an email telling me they had unexpectedly high demand for the tablet so that would surely be helpful for others.

If you want to see those baby geese by yourself, the link I sent to Shaggyskunk1 lets you download that video. They're even softer on video 😉
0 Likes
Options
Others

If that's your quick hands-on experience then I can't wait for the in-depth review! And yes, there's definitely a lot of interest in the Tab S5e, it's a very sleek device.

I'm having trouble accessing the link you sent, not sure if it's a firewall/security issue on my end... that video sounds like a perfect remedy for a Monday morning though 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I remember you said the same thing last time I sent a OneDrive link. I'll upload it on Google Drive. Very strange issue
0 Likes