Original topic:

#NewYearNewYou

(Topic created on: 01-25-2019 02:04 PM)
Neanerz
Active Level 2
Options
Others
I decided to quit smoking and make it a permanent choice to never go back to it. I'm 36 with 2 children and I want to be a better influence as well as be healthier for me. 

The hardest part about quitting this time is that I am not allowing myself to fail this time. I've done my research and decided to use all the tools I've been given and have learned to not go back to smoking ever again.

I feel amazing and I really know I can do this on my own this time. It's always good to have a support group but you're the one who has control and you need to own that in order to be successful in this life mission. 

#NewYearNewMe 
#Quit4MyLifetime
#WontGiveUpThisTime
#SamsungCommunity
15 Comments
Others
Hi Neanerz, you can do it. I quit smoking over 12 years now. My motivation was my kids. I kept telling myself I don't want my kids learn my bad habbit, then I passed the hard time (The first 2 weeks). After that, you will hate the smell of the smoke and you won't go back.
0 Likes
Neanerz
Active Level 2
Others
Tallman, it's been 4 weeks and I'm great. Glad you quit for your kids and were successful. I don't want my two children picking up the habit either. I remember when they would beg and cry and tell me they didn't want to lose me because of smoking. If that isn't motivation I dont know what is. Happy 12 years of being smoke free!
0 Likes
Others
@Neanerz, Congrats on quitting smoking. That is an extremely hard habit to quit. I am proud of you!!! A short story; In high school my classmates encouraged me to sneak out to the back yard with them during horticulture class to have a smoke. I tried smoking, took two puffs, got so dizzy and light headed I almost passed out. Never took up smoking again.
0 Likes
Neanerz
Active Level 2
Others
I wish I would have had the same thing happen to me, but I wanted to be the cool kid so to speak. I caved and just became a follower at the time. That first cigarette stuck with me for almost 24 years. I am definitely totally done. Thank you for sharing you story and I want you to know I appreciate your kind words of encouragement.
0 Likes
howiedoin
Beginner Level 2
Others
H
0 Likes
howiedoin
Beginner Level 2
Others
U
0 Likes