Original topic:

Note 9 Two Steps Backwards

(Topic created on: 11-13-2019 06:15 PM)
JesusisLord
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Worse 1,000.00 I ever spent. Buying the samsung note 9 was the biggest disappointment I ever made. Note 9 does not have the capability to talk and surf the web at the same time. For example if you need to check your email while talking to your boss reguarding the email, forget it. Also if you are using google maps and you get a phone call GPS will stop working, next thing you know you missed your exit. Who in their right mind allowed this to happend. Especially in this day an age when we live on the go. In other words get the note 8 which samsung released an update giving you the capability to do so or get the note 10 which has it. Note 9 you broke my heart.

9 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Others
That doesn't sound normal, have you tried factory data reset?
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
I can surf and talk at same time and also with the GPS on my Note 9 !
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Others
Do you have the soft buttons one the bottom? If so just push the one that looks like an O. That's will get you out of the dialer to look at different things.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
You need to contact your carrier and see if they support VoLTE. That's the issue you're facing.

My Note9 has IMS features on Rogers so I have VoLTE so I can talk while using GPS, browsing the web or any other functionality based on mobile internet access.

Contact your carrier to enable VoLTE. If that doesn't work (carrier says your device is not supported), complain to the CCTS. This happens when you buy your phone from a store and not a carrier.
JesusisLord
Beginner Level 2
Others

I purchase phone from sprint according to them they support VoLTE.  Which is anable as part of my plan. Unfortunately phone does not have the capability to do so.

0 Likes
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Others
did you mean store like pawn shops?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
@Erwin Not necessarily. Some small tech stores buy "grey market" imported phones and those won't work fully out of the box with our networks. Some even buy
prepaid US phones to resell them here which is odd. It does allow you to get, say, an Exynos model or an unlocked Snapdragon, but...
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
CH i bought my Note from Bestbuy, not from carriers and i have Volte with Bell, but i was lucky because you explain me those things before i choose a carrier.
Jesusislord, you can trust CHMultimedia 300 %, follow is instructions
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Ah here's your problem. You bought a SM-N960U (USA/Sprint). You need a SM-N960W. You won't get VoLTE before you do. Fortunately, this is easy to do. All you need is to flash our N960W firmware and then load your carrier's CSC. And then of course contact your carrier to enable the feature.

What carrier are you with? So that I can get you the appropriate steps and firmware.