Original topic:

Reasons for staying/leaving the Samsung ecosystem

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 10:27 AM)
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Options
Others
So here's another round for all of you guys to state your opinion on Samsung phones. 

Particularly what you like about it to make you stay/use (eg SPen/OneUI), and what will most likely be or already is the reason for you to switch to non-Samsung (eg Price/Performance issue). You can leave a feedback or comments too.

------------- Here's my example -------------
Reason to stay: 
1)I might be already used to it, but I'm really comfortable with Samsung's One UI, so don't feel like switching to another. 
2)I was also a Note 2 user, and even though I don't use the pen much, I missed having it from time to time (using Galaxy S9 now).

Reason to leave: Other manufacturers offer better specs for around the same price point (go watch my other video post of the Galaxy M31 and other 2 from different manufacturers at below RM1000).

Feedback/Opinion: Can't think of any yet.
18 Comments
samsunggamer
Active Level 4
Others
samsung s20 is the best perfomance for now
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
For me it's the best experience and the best (first) impression. Like whenever I see a Samsung flagship phone at store, I picked it up and play around, it made me want to own it.... doesn't happen often with other brands.

In terms of performance though, even though I'm not really affected much by the Exynos chip, but I do know numbers do not lie and it's true that Samsung Exynos in these few years is just not able to catch up to the Snapdragon counterpart.

Personally I don't mind it as the experience of me using the phone is still ok, but sometimes I can feel, or even see that lagness,delay,or stuttering even though I used it just a few days or months after buying. It happens occasionally now too.
0 Likes
rossuuu
Active Level 3
Others
my turn.

Reason to stay:
- easy to use (transfer data between samsung devices)
- samsung flow (samsung devices)
- allow call from different device (samsung devices)
- good specs and reliable (for now)

reason to leave:
- for tab users, samsung does not have monthly security updates (they focus on phones only)
- exynos obviously

i think that is pretty much why i choose samsung
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
What apps you use to transfer data between Samsung devices?
0 Likes
rossuuu
Active Level 3
Others
i actually use samsung flow. can just drag whatever you want to transfer
0 Likes
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Others

Reason to stay:

- They have improved a lot in terms of their designs and even software wise (OneUI cleaner, software updates faster)

- Camera has been fantastic

- Samsung official support is unrivaled by any other brands (even Apple) (Service center and Samsung Pay)

- SD card support is nice

- Display still one of the best.

Reasons to leave:

- Prices are just too high; i don't actually mind this too much as I understand that they want to compete (with Apple) but what makes this more painful is that -

- ... the resale value drops way too fast! You can get deals after a month (unlike Apple). and...

- ... for their ultra luxurious high price, they don't max out the specs only offering 128GB for S20 Ultra? That's just Apple-like.

- Battery is not as good as other competitors (Huawei and Apple)

- Exynos is just not as good as SD. Not saying it's bad, just not as good.

- Other competitors are offering better spec phones at lower price point

- Cheaper competitors are catching up in terms of image quality, unless Samsung up their game then might be going to Pixel or Sony's latest Xperia (see Find X2 Pro and P40 Pro images; even OP8Plus is more than good enough).

- Samsung like to add in features that doesnt give much value to users in the overall. This might have taken away resources which they could have used to making their softwares faster, more efficient and etc.

- No more compact phone like S10e (this is an Android market problem). Phones are just too big. I like the S20's dimensions, just sad that it doesn't have the same features as the S20 Ultra. I feel like Im not buying the best phone out there.

- Colours are dull. Exciting ones are not in our market.

Feedback: Samsung needs to focus on the basics. Just like what they did for the S20, make sure the phone has great design, bigger/better batteries with faster charging to keep up with Huawei and Oppo,  more storage, and camera software that can compete with Google. Instead of adding too much features, focus on making the current software faster, lighter and more efficient to save more battery.

ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
Well said. All points are really accurate!
0 Likes
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Others

Sounds like I'm ranting but it's just that my personal opinions are usually long when it comes to smartphones haha 😅

0 Likes
mcling
Active Level 4
Others
Reason to stay:
1) Samsung UI is so much easier to get used to. I feel comfortable with it and start using Samsung flagship un S3, then slowly to note series and Galaxy watch active. Looking forward fir their next Note. the eco system is good.
2) Love of Spen. can't leave without it.
3) Good customer service and always respond positively to customer query and feedback.

Reason to leave: Not in my mind. Being a royal customer hence hoping their commitment to customer. The price for flagship is quite high compare to other brand, but I believe when we pay for that price, we know that it worth that price tag.