Original topic:

Remove featured Galaxy Gallery images

(Topic created on: 08-26-2019 11:25 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
I have noticed that since the two preview slots in the Galaxy Gallery were "featured", there was a dip in views in all the pictures. Just some time ago, most pictures would get 100+ views in a day or so. Unfortunately today, this figure has plummeted, with 3, 5, 10 or 25 views tops.

I'm not saying these pictures aren't good. They're just really harming the Galaxy Gallery. Or at least, have only one picture featured (so there's at least one preview slot for new pictures) and only be featured for, say, a week. The current pictures were posted a month and a week ago.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Others
It seems that a number of people are posting "Snapshots" instead of actual images - I would have thought that as it's SUPPOSED to be a gallery featuring images taken with Galaxy devices - That simple things like including what device was used to capture the image would be included.

I stopped browsing the Galaxy Gallery recently - Simply because there (for the most part) aren't any images demonstrating any degree of thought - interest or creativity...
I'm certainly not a "photographer" & I'm probably guilty of posting some images - just because I think they are "nice".... But images of turds etc - should be offensive & inappropriate to everyone....
My 2 cents fwiw 🐧

I should also add that there are a lot of great images posted as well - Just recently I noticed that the great ones were being diluted by a fair amount of questionable snapshots of essentially filler.
Options
Others

Hey @CHMultimedia,

Thanks for bringing this up! I didn't realize how the picture views were being affected by these featured posts. I've removed them for now until we decide how to utilize the functionality better 😊

Also @Shaggyskunk1, you bring up a good point! It's definitely worth considering vetting Galaxy Gallery posts and moving the rest to the Lifestyle > Photography section. Let me look into this...

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Thanks Sabrina! It seems to have taken effect almost instantly. My answer wasn't because... I'm in class right now! Do not worry, it's a brief 10 minute break where we are free to release our mobile communication devices as we please.

Oh and thanks for the SPC code! I see why you and the Members team gave some codes away for Member Mondays. You want us to use the 10% off Samsung phones! Subtle, yet effective. I like it! Thanks for the code, I'll use it to get a device supported for the upcoming beta (whether or not it's getting official here, we'll be happily flashing. I'll have to post a suggestion about this though) . As a bonus I get to enjoy the other SPC perks. Thanks!
Options
Others

Hey @CHMultimedia,

That's great news! I hope class is going smoothly for you 😊

Also I'm glad to hear you're putting that SPC code to good use—I'm looking forward to seeing what device you're going to pick up!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes