Original topic:

Rogers OS update Schedule includes A5/A8 Security Patches NOT OS Updates!

(Topic created on: 08-03-2019 11:14 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Some people have been inquiring about the A5 getting One UI Pie & Unfortunately were MISINFORMED by well meaning Samsung Support Canada CSRs...

The S10 series is STILL apparently scheduled to receive a "do-over" June Security Patch OTA (2.0? 🤔) while at least one US Carrier has updated to the July Security Patch... Guess wait to see what Boots on the 6th.. 🤞

Mysteriously - 

Rogers appears to have been the first (a first for Rogers.. maybe?) - While others are still waiting for the S9 series July Security Patch OTA...

🐧🕊

This image is just awesome & wanted to share it - It's NOT mine - It's from 1 Bike 1 World Instagram 

Everyone - should look at life like this cat - Even if just for the weekend 🙀 
15 Comments
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Others
My Note 9 is still on May patch.
0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Others
Bell.
0 Likes
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Others
my notes 9 is still on may as well unfor, the phone is based on telus but I have a Lucky mobile sim
0 Likes
jiggles
Active Level 6
Others
Most ppl don't like Rogers around here. it's either Bell,Kudo or Eastlink. I was with Bell and ripped off many times. Thank God I'm a caller lol. I'm now with Eastlink and should have done it years ago. Funny part is... they buy their bandwidth from Bell lol. charge alot less and offer so much more
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Others
Yes, I forgot to mention before, I'm on Bell, bought the phone unlocked, at outright price.
So my Note 9 is still on May patch. Kind of a mess all this updates. It doesn't matter if the phone is unlocked, the carrier you are on is still "the master" of your own phone.
0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Others
I thought about Odin time ago but the guardian side of my brains said to don't mess with the phone and play fair...haha...And honestly with this May patch I have awesome battery life. Also I have a "fatal attraction" for the Note 10 so security updates are not a priority for the moment.
0 Likes