Original topic:

Rogers OS update Schedule includes A5/A8 Security Patches NOT OS Updates!

(Topic created on: 08-02-2019 12:45 PM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Some people have been inquiring about the A5 getting One UI Pie & Unfortunately were MISINFORMED by well meaning Samsung Support Canada CSRs...

The S10 series is STILL apparently scheduled to receive a "do-over" June Security Patch OTA (2.0? πŸ€”) while at least one US Carrier has updated to the July Security Patch... Guess wait to see what Boots on the 6th.. 🀞

Mysteriously - 

Rogers appears to have been the first (a first for Rogers.. maybe?) - While others are still waiting for the S9 series July Security Patch OTA...

πŸ§πŸ•ŠοΈ

This image is just awesome & wanted to share it - It's NOT mine - It's from 1 Bike 1 World Instagram 

Everyone - should look at life like this cat - Even if just for the weekend πŸ™€ 
15 Comments
ianefford
Beginner Level 4
Others
I just received the July Update for the S9+ on Freedom
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
Apparently most of the US carriers got that update for the S10. It's not the July patch, it's just a second June patch is all.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
Weird, Verizon is on June.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
I bet they're just gonna skip the July patch in Canada and give us the August patch in September instead.
0 Likes
Others
Would have expected Samsung to push a "hot fix" instead of leaving their current 2019 "Flagship" vulnerable... I mean that IS why there's Security Patches every month... and not just randomly released... πŸ™„
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
Agreed, it's always been this way though lol. Samsung hates updates it's basically a fact now
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
frig I hope the S10 gets July update i want RCS for Samsung messages lol
Baspi
Active Level 5
Others
wdym Samsung messages has rcs now like with Roger's?
0 Likes
Others
Consider the fact that my S9+ 2018 now has RCS with Samsung Messages!

BUT - my S10+ 2019 does NOT have RCS with Samsung Messages....

Kinda sends a message to the consumer that there's no benefit to buying "the next big thing"....

Just Sayin'

Maybe picking up the Note9 at a SMOKIN' Deal is a better proposition than getting all hot & bothered for the Note10

My S9+ has July Security & My S10+ is on June....

@Baspi Yeah - S9+ with Rogers has RCS with both Android Messages AND Samsung Messages