Original topic:

SAMSUNG WASHER STUCK IN SPIN CYCLE

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 07:14 AM)
MC2244
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I purchased a new home that came with new Samsung Washer /Dryer. My washer that is just over 1 year old by 2 months is stuck on spin cycle. I called samsung after reading a ton of threads on the US community site and there are a ton of unsatisfied customers reporting the same issue. I was told the product is out of warranty and that i needed it to be serviced at my expense. Clearly this is an issue with the unit and it's not just an isolated case. I would expect a company such as Samsung to recall and repair them at thier cost as clearly this is an issue. I have purcahsed other brands in the past and they have lasted decades before requireing any service.  I would never reccomend anyone purchase applicances from Samsung due to my experiernce and lack of support on and ongoing issue that is wide spread. 

6 Comments
Malechai
Active Level 4
Others
out of warranty. you have to pay. sorry
0 Likes
Oldbean
Beginner Level 2
Others

I just experienced the same problem with my washer model #WF42H5200AP/A2

I got 3 yrs extended warranty so I will be covered. The tech suppose to come today but when I spoke to him this morning he said he knows exactly what's wrong because it is a very common problem. He mentioned there is a faulty harness that caused the motor did not go to high speed. Don't know what it means. He will order the part and coming next week. Will see if the problem is fixed with the new harness. Will update once the problem is fixed. Wonder if there is a recall for this if the problem is so common.

0 Likes
Oldbean
Beginner Level 2
Others

Update to my previous post.

The tech came with a brand new wire hardness P/N DC93-00582C for the washer.

He just cut off one connector from the new harness and spliced into the existing harness to replace the connector for the motor

I can see the old connector has 2 broken wires. He said the plastic clip that hold the connector is broken and vibration caused the wires to break.

After that the washer works flawnessly. 20191105_170017.jpg 

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
as much as I like some Samsung products like the phones and tablets, I will likely never buy a Samsung washer and drier or a fridge, a Samsung T.V is a maybe for me. it seems like a common problem, about a month or 2 out of warranty the unit dies. whirlpool is the way to go when it come to appliances.
MystTake
Active Level 6
Others
check which credit card you used to buy the washer some cards have extended warranty coverage and usually extends manufacture warranty for up to 1 year.
0 Likes
Samsung_fqH7Cwk
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have the same problem, unfortunatley in my case the issue was from day one. However, my brother was not proactive in getting the matter solved until I actually moved into his place a year and a half later and realized that I have to pay out of my pocket. I am not even sure what the solution is. Any recommendations on what to do or who else to contact for this?!?!?!?

0 Likes