Original topic:

SDC 2019 - Contest winner experience

(Topic created on: 11-02-2019 10:58 AM)
Ameet
Active Level 5
Options
Others

Back in the last month, Samsung Canada asked all of us what is your Best App from Galaxy Store. I entered the content and was declared as one of the two winners.

The prize was no ordinary prize, but a grand prize of invitation to attend SDC 2019 at San Jose, California with Transportation, air tickets, hotel accommodations and food.

The SDC 2019 was the first ever conference i was attending. I started my Day 01 with Samsung FIT session at 7.30am. I participated in Yoga session, that was refreshing and tiring at the same time, but Samsung had me covered with the mouth watering breakfast that was served right on other side of the hall in the Dev Park. I met the other winner of the contest there itself and we had a great interesting long chat. We both then attended the Key Note. There are lot of interesting things that Samsung is planning to bring in and working on. They teased another iteration of Fold :)

After key note, I grabbed the lunch and started attending sessions that I had pre-selected to attend. They were so informative. It was good to know that Samsung is investigating a lot of time, money and efforts in health care. This would definitely make health care much better with the new technology.

The day ended for me by 5.30pm and i collected my swag bag from Dev Park. I was tired by the morning yoga so decides not to rest but wanted to attend the drinks with devs session later that evening. Retired in my hotel room soon.

Day 02 had a Walk/Run for the Samsung Fit session. They were also picking up a lucky winner that would get Samsung Active 2. I chose to have the breakfast instead.

I spent some time at the Dev Park where i could get my hands on One UI 2 ( Lot of good things are coming), some new concept exhibits like interesting wallpapers, Bumper case for device safety etc. Also went to the XR stand where they take your 3d picture. You can then Play with your 3d model on the computers present at that location.

The Code Lab on the other side was interesting. There were lot of different exhibit stands. The most interesting to me were Samsung Dex and Samsung Things. You have to use these to know the power of them. Dex interestingly turns your phone into a computer and replaces the CPU. You just need a cable, monitor, mouse and keyboard. 

Samsung smart things on the other hand can turn your home into a smart home seamlessly.

I also did do some coding lessonsml/test and won the cool merchandise there. You get a lucky draw prize coupon with each code lesson that can win you a smart TV, Note 10, lots of Galaxy watches. I didn't prove to be that lucky though.

Over all, it was amazing experience, and now I would love to attend the SDC 2020 :)

Thank you everyone at Samsung Canada for making this so memorable.

7 Comments
silbie123
Active Level 7
Others
Happy to hear that you had a great time! 😊👍🏻
Others
no photos??
0 Likes
Ameet
Active Level 5
Others

I had, but couldn't embedd into the original post for some reasons.

0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Others
🙄😒
0 Likes
Ameet
Active Level 5
Others

🤔

0 Likes
BigJay16
Active Level 5
Others
nice, congratulations to the recipients. I still feel I should've been eligible for an award for My necklace design.
perfectg
Active Level 7
Others
that's awesome
0 Likes