Original topic:

Samsung Cloud

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 08:49 AM)
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my opinion about the Samsung Cloud. I noticed today that internal storage back up is now changed from Samsung Cloud to Microsoft's One Drive. I don't like it just because I do not consider One Drive as a safe place to store your information.
Recently someone attempted to log in to my Microsoft outlook account. I really had trouble with that. I changed the password, but there was no option to log out from all devices. My Mac computer requested me to enter a new password, but nothing was chaged on my phone. My account on the phone was working  with no request to update the password. So, I had to contact Microsoft and, apparently, you need to set up "two step verification code", which was really annoying.

This process is more user-friendly on gmail or FB.

All this made me think that Microsoft Outlook is not that secure and experienced hackers can access all your info.

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Facebook is much more insecure by design though. Just saying...
0 Likes
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Others
Might be...I am not a professional web engineer to tell. But, at least, you can change your password and log out from all devices right away.
0 Likes
Others
A few Billion Windows users may disagree...
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Others
They may 😄 That doesn't change the fact that my account was unsecure for a long period of time untill I finally found out how to figure it out. Even with the option of "Two step verification code" my account was still active on of my devices for some time.
0 Likes
Others
Well - Unless you somehow manage to get NSA level encryption - You'll always find some vulnerability & even then...
0 Likes
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Others
My phone says that Samsung Cloud is switching to One Drive
0 Likes
KevinTaylor
Options
Others

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

If you want to stop the Samsung Gallery app syncing photos to OneDrive and remove the Samsung data sharing permissions to your Microsoft Account, you'll need to edit how you sign-in to Microsoft:

Open your Microsoft Account's Additional security options.

Next to Samsung logo Samsung account, select Remove.

Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Others
thanks, Kevin. I will try that
0 Likes