Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Home mini, first look

(Topic created on: 05-21-2019 01:59 PM)
Cprice
Options
Others

Our first look at the Galaxy Home Mini comes from the FCC

We were the first to reveal five months ago that Samsung is working on a smaller smart speaker. Whether or not it’s launched as the Galaxy Home Mini is another matter altogether. There’s mounting evidence that work on this device has been progressing nicely.

An image of the Galaxy Home Mini has been revealed by the device’s FCC listing. The fact that it has been through the FCC already suggests that its release may not be that far off. This leads us to ask the obvious question: Where’s the Galaxy Home?

Read more HERE

Galaxy home mini.PNG

5 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
so my thoughts are if this is bixby powered, i wonder if bixby will be getting a big update soon or if they are making a special version of bixby for this galaxy home.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Others
Bixby needs more to compete, like Alexa and home. Simple turn on lights or off is ok if it's priced aggressively. I bought home mini for $45 and it does a lot of things, which bixby will need to match
Samesung
Active Level 10
Others
It would take a HUGE improvement with Bixby for me to even slightly consider switching from Google Home. Practically everything in my house runs on it. With my success rate using Bixby my home automation would S.uck lol
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Wouldn't it also depend on what Galaxy Home will be compatible with? Most likely it will connect to their SmartThings hub. But what about others? Linking streaming services?
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Others
Seems like Samsung's hub is compatible with the. ast majority of products out there. It's the actual voice commands controlled by Bixby that blows.
0 Likes