Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s8 get Android 10 update yes or not ?

(Topic created on: 12-21-2019 08:40 PM)
KingShaikh
Active Level 2
Options
Others
When Samsung Galaxy S8 Sm-g950w get Android 10 Update ?
9 Comments
thejoker1
Active Level 7
Others
no the s8 does not get android 10
Cuxle
Active Level 1
Others
actually, it stated that the S8 is getting Android 10
thejoker1
Active Level 7
Others
i don't think so
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Others
@Cuxle Samsung has put out update lists in different regions and none of them show that the S8 is getting Android 10.

I know at one point a Samsung rep in Germany said it was but its already been proven false by the official update lists. The S8 was never getting 10 to begin with and the reps are unreliable when it comes to this stuff.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Here's an official reply from @SamsungSteve:

"Samsung Gobally supports 2 major releases on a Flagship/S series device. We cotninue to support the SMRs and QMRs for 2 additional years beyond the major OS. In total software support for a flagship model is 4 years."

So S8/Note 8 will NOT be receiving any more OS upgrades. Pie is the final upgrade it will get.
KiwiAli136
Active Level 1
Others
not sure if you can get that with the phone you have, but you can go to the setting and download an update to see if that works
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

It was initially said the S7 was going to get pie, doubt the S8 will see 10

osi44
Active Level 1
Others
s8 is my last Samsung phone . they alway take 8 9 month to provide software update and new Android around the corner . no advantage of buy expansion phone if its not getting update on time .
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

As a new Pixel user,  I will say I do miss the customization Samsung makes.  There are a lot of features that are added into android by samsung.  Google essentially adds Samsung's ideas to future OS releases.  So they certainly do have advantages... but you're right, it takes a while for the updates to come through.  Android 10 has been on Pixel devices since September.