Original topic:

Samsung News!!! 9/23/2019

(Topic created on: 09-24-2019 04:15 AM)
Cprice
Options
Others

Galaxy Fold US release confirmed for September 27

Samsung hadn’t officially confirmed the Galaxy Fold US release when it first started shipping the foldable smartphone earlier this month. South Korea was the first to get it. The Galaxy Fold has since been available in select countries across Europe as well. Continue reading

Latest Galaxy S10 software update brings Note 10 camera features

There’s some good news today for Galaxy S10 owners. The latest Galaxy S10 software update that Samsung is sending out today brings new camera features from the Galaxy Note 10. It even adds Dex for PC support, a feature that was introduced with the Galaxy Note 10. The update includes the latest security patch as well. Continue reading

Interview: DeX product manager talks major new features, greater device support

Samsung DeX has come a long way since it was first introduced with the Galaxy S8. It’s a PC-like experience that the device can power when connected to an external monitor. It can render multiple free-form and movable windows while having access to optimized apps from the likes of Microsoft and Adobe. You initially needed a separate dock for this which limited its reach to only those who really thought they could get some use out of it. As we highlighted in our original DeX review two years ago, it was a great proof of concept which would get better with more powerful devices and enhanced functionality, but it wasn’t for everyone in its original state. Continue reading

6 Comments
CHMx
Active Level 3
Others

Cool news, especially the S10 news. Maybe I won't have to wait for OneUI 2.0 to have DeX on PC on my Note9...

0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
What a silly, short-sighted decision to not support native on-device DeX on the Fold. It's the perfect platform to showcase the future of mobile computing. Way to go, Samsung...
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Others
the Fold isnt being sold in Canada anyway
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Entirely beside the point, @thebigguy86

The Fold is the ideal platform to showcase DeX and drive interest.

There's also the point that DeX should be available natively on device on all DeX compatible phones, not just the Tabs. Deliberately holding back functionality is grossly anti-consumer.
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Others
I agree but as a device that's not going to be sold in Canada, who cares.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Because it's an indicator of how little Samsung cares about the DeX platform, and it makes me sad given the unrealized potential of DeX.
0 Likes