Original topic:

Samsung S8/S8+ Pre-Order bonus

(Topic created on: 08-25-2017 01:04 PM)
Neb
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Hello everyone. I had bought my S8+ when it first came out in Canada. I had pre-ordered the device through Rogers and was instructed to fill out my contact information on a Samsung promotion webpage for a Gear VR. Once I had receieved the phone, I registered the phone through the Samsung app on my device and submitted the IMEI and proff of pre-order/purchase.

I was told to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the Gear VR. After the time elapsed, I had 2 live chat sessions and 2 phone conversations with Samsung reps. I was assured that I would receive one when "stock" was replenished.

Fast forward about 4 months now. I contacted a Samsung rep by phone and he advised me that the promotion was over and that Rogers should have given me the Gear VR. I confirmed with a Rogers rep that they never gave anyone a Gear VR as a pre-order bonus as Samsung provided them instructions on how to claim it through Samsung.

I have now started the process to try and get a refund for this phone. It is a great phone, but my frustration with Samsung has increased quite a bit over this. Even if the gift is free, I still feel a little cheated that what was promised will not be provided.

Sorry for the rant everyone. I just wanted to warn others. Even though some people are getting a lot of freebies, some are ignored.

Good luck to everyone else waiting.
10 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
May be @Nick the forum moderator can forward your concern to head office to get it resolved. He has got answer for lots of users before so I am pretty sure he will help you as well. My gift was sent by Telus and from what I have heard, Bell and Rogers users had to claim their VR on Samsungs website.
You can go ahead with refund process if you wish but I suggest if you give it a week more @Nick will get you an answer.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah as @Jmak stated @Nick has helped many with promotion issues. I'm with Rogers as well and got my Gear VR Promo via Samsung within about 2 weeks. Rogers had nothing to do with the preorder bonus, it was all handled through Samsung.
0 Likes
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Others
I'm with bell and had to go through the same process. @Nick said he'd look into it and to do a live chat. I was then told to call a number. I went through the process and received mine after @Nick helped.
Prior to that I had called numerous times and waited for 3.5 months with nothing.

BTW thanks @Nick. I received mine very quickly after you got involved.
YAli
Beginner Level 3
Others
Congrats!
I'm having the same issue with Freedom, can @Nick help me?
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
You got screwed like I did when I purchase my S8+. Each call center telling me to call the one I just called. Went on for weeks and NOTHING from Samsung. Ya got shafted like me so enjoy the phone and don't rely on them to make it right...I'm still waiting for my promotion.
0 Likes
Neb
Active Level 1
Others
I just got an email from a Samsung rep trying to resolve this issue. I also told them you are going through the same issue so I hope they will contact you too.
0 Likes
Alain47
Active Level 7
Others
Samsung they will sell their mother and makes some lies whit the carrier to sell their phone. It's finish Samsung. Bande de CRO....

0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @YAli, @LazyGhost, and @Neb a Samsung rep from the team should have gotten in contact with all of you by now via email. Thanks!

-Nick
0 Likes
Neb
Active Level 1
Others
They did get a hold of me. Thank you.
0 Likes