Original topic:

Samsung TV UN65RU7300 not recognizing Rogers Cable Box

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 08:14 PM)
Moby66
Active Level 1
Options
Others

Just picked up this TV today from Leons  store in Toronto.  Problem is that it will not recognize my Rogers Cable Box 9865HD (manufactured by Cisco)!. Consequently I am unable to use the supplied Samsung Remote Control. 

If some one had a similar issue, perhaps a solution to this problem can be found.

Thanks.

16 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Not sure what you saying 🤷

With everything powered off
Connect your cable box to the tv via hdmi cable and note whether it's hdmi1, hdmi2 etc
Make sure everything is plugged into power. Power everything up.
With your tv remote press the input /source button until you are on the correct hdmi as you noted.
If nothing, make sure you press the power button on the cable box remote.
You should have some display from cable?
If it's just the remote, I'm not sure if you can program that tvs remote to learn other remotes, you'll hafta check your manual. Usually people program the cable box remote to power on/off tv and play with the volume, your cable box remote should have come with a pamphlet with those instructions.

See where this goes first.

But if all that doesn't help
it could be if you got one of those take home wireless cable boxes, it may not be paired correctly with the router, hafta go over the steps pairing it, also some cable companies require you to call them once you get the cable box home so they can register it on the network.
0 Likes
Moby66
Active Level 1
Others

Upon going through the initial setup process it goes to a screen where you must pick a Cable  company and a cable box. Since the Rogers cable box was connected to HDMI 1, a picture of a TV station could be seen in a small window. However upon going to the next step of choosing a service provider, Rogers was not listed and then going through the option to pick the make and model of the cable box, my Rogers cable box model was not listed in Samsung’s database.

Moving forward, I had to enter Rogers as service provider and then enter the model of the cable box manually through the on-screen keyboard.

Now, I can watch channels on the TV but am forced to use Rogers remote rather than the Samsung universal remote that came with the TV.

Hope this helps clear the problem I am having.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Ok so you got it working but just want 1 remote instead of 2?

Likely the remote that came with the tv uses only infra-red?
There is 2 ways to pair this
1- use the enter code function or cycle through until it turns off method
2- not sure if yours does this, but sometimes if the code doesn't work you can put them face to face to learn the signal.
BUT...
I'm thinking your cable box has a Bluetooth connection with the remote and likely your tv remote cannot do Bluetooth, I dunno, you tell me 🤷♂️
Most cable boxes that work on Bluetooth will also use infra-red
That's why most connect the cable box remote to the tv and not the tv remote to the box bc the tv remote does not support Bluetooth. But the cable box remote supports both infra - red and Bluetooth.
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hi @Moby66,

If you could pm me your contact email/contact, our team would like to get in touch with you to help sort out the issue!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Moby66
Active Level 1
Others

Hi Jeremy 

Just to let you know, my TV does not recognize Rogers/Cisco 9865HD cable box also known as Netbox!

Thanks

0 Likes
ChanceMohawk
Active Level 1
Others

Did you get a fix for this? We need the same.

0 Likes
Soph2
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have the same problem would really love your help

0 Likes
Samsung_P6ECzEq
Beginner Level 2
Others

I am also having the same problem connecting to the same cable box (9865 hd by cisco). Is your cable box in a different room? Or the same room as your TV? My TV is the QN65Q80RAFXZC  and I have been getting different information about the supplied remote. I really am looking for clarification as to what type of remote it is. Is it an IR remote or bluetooth? 

0 Likes
Samsung_GYd5Urx
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have a Q80t

And I too happy Rogers box be referred to as a nextbox 4K.

It provides me Aldi's American versions but does not show me Rogers and now it's showing me as a bell box need help

0 Likes