Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV has a bright spot

(Topic created on: 07-27-2019 04:44 AM)
Guyusingsamsung
Beginner Level 4
Options
Others
My Samsung TV got this bright spot on the top right hand on the screen. No idea how it happen. Can anyone explain to me what happen? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xASHx
Active Level 5
Others
What model and how old is your TV?

Run a picture test by going to Home/Settings/Support/Self Diagnosis and choosing 'Picture Test'.

If it failed, contact Samsung directly and if the guarantee is still available, an advisor will arrange a repair for you. It's usually a problem with the panel and it could be fixed by installing a new panel, which will take around 15 minutes.

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
xASHx
Active Level 5
Others
What model and how old is your TV?

Run a picture test by going to Home/Settings/Support/Self Diagnosis and choosing 'Picture Test'.

If it failed, contact Samsung directly and if the guarantee is still available, an advisor will arrange a repair for you. It's usually a problem with the panel and it could be fixed by installing a new panel, which will take around 15 minutes.
Boyloo
Beginner Level 2
Others

Ran test.  Fail. Fail. Fail.  Same problem.  55 inch UHD probably out of warranty.  Any idea what a replacement panel service call would cost?

Not_Too_Happy
Beginner Level 2
Others

This is a known design defect.  Search google for Samsung TV white spots.  No solution and no help from Samsung.  My TV was worthless after 3 years

Tomcat61
Beginner Level 2
Others

I'm in the same boat, mine started after three years too. Oh well Black Friday's coming up.

0 Likes
Bomber33
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have the same problem with the bright spots, The first one appeared last year then another one about two months ago, I know there is nothing I can do, Can you help Samsung?, Were OAPs so dont have the money to get it repaired or replace it!

0 Likes
otekaj
Beginner Level 2
Others

Has Samsung resolved the white spot problem on newer tv's?>

0 Likes