Original topic:

Samsung TV weird line?

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 11:59 PM)
FTI4
Active Level 4
Options
Others
sometimes my tv gets a weird lines under it, at the bottom. It's happened on youtube, sometimes on ps4, sometimes on the samsung tv native app.

Model: Un65nu6900 
software: 1300.4
my settings are
picture size
16:9
fit to screen On (otherwise it cuts off edges?)
Game Mode

color space settings  Auto

it's really annoying and ive had 2 panels already swapped due to banding. this one is fine aside from this crap.
is it an HDMI issue?

and what exactly is this? overscan?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Halston
Options
Others

Hi FTI4,

There are multiple causes for lines on the TV screen. Dead pixels, a defect in the TV, or the external device connection and cables are possible causes.

Please follow the below steps and Self Diagnosis the TV:

Navigate to Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the lines appear during the picture test, Then TV needs to be examined by the Authorized Samsung Technician. Please contact our live chat support to request service.

If the lines do not appear during the picture test, then the problem is the external device and not your TV. Try replacing the cable that is connecting the external device to the TV. If the lines still appear after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.

Get back to us with the result.

0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
doesnt happen in the picture test. whatever. guess ill smash my ps4 and go buy a new one. but maybe have better tips. its just as dumb as "unplug da tv sir for tirty secons. den plug tv in. ok no problem sir. tank u sir.".
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
any other possible reasons
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
does his happen with hdmi only?

0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
i did test on a hd tv not 4k and issue seems to be gone, so im not sure but samsungs **bleep** picture test solution is crap. They make faulty products
0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
yes i belive so
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hey FTI4,

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved.

0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
it is and isnt. these white lines on top. Buuuuuut im now using the native app. clearly ps4 pro cant work properly i guess
0 Likes