Original topic:

Samsung washer brown residue issue

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 05:00 AM)
disun1982
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I live in Canada, bought Samsung washer in Costco. Looks like i'm not the only one who has this problem. Samsung still has no recall for this issue. I tried many things. Self clean more than 8 times with professional washer cleaner from Tide still see these dirt at the bottom of the tub. I contacted samsung support, there is still no recall for this issue yet, i really don't know how samsung value it's customer service and support for their manufacturer defective products. At this point I'm very disappointed with the quality of their home appliances. I had GE washer for more than 10 years without a single issue, I thought samsung was a good upgrade after seeing all those new features in their ads and now i'm wrong. In conclusion, don't buy samsung appliances no matter how good they look, they lacking the basics, which is quality.  I'm going to Costco next weekend to file a complain about quality of my samsung product. 

Model Code: WA45H7200AW/A2

54d95511cb145d35a87813287ebb4163.jpg

0 Likes
7 Comments
GSam
Active Level 5
Others
Not sure where you are living. Could be mineral deposit and modern water saving washer could make it worse, Try to use one litre of cooking vinagar in a hot and long wash cycle. See any improvement.
0 Likes
Others
You could also try a descaling chemical called CLR. It will remove any calcium, lime, rust from any stainless steel surface. I use it when cleaning the inside of my dishwasher which is stainless steel. That chemical is so powerful.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

Looks like you posted this exact same thing on the US version of the forums...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Samsung-Washer-Brown-Residue-Issue/m-p/991736

They told you to contact them via private message link: http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Have you? or are you just whining for the sake of whining?

0 Likes
disun1982
Beginner Level 2
Others

They replied, said I'm using the wrong forum. they don't support product that are sold in Canada. 

0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Others
yeah Samsung appliances **bleep**, my washer is on the recall list due to the top flying off during spin cycles.I sent my info but nobody contacted me back. Guess I'll die
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Ouch that's pathetic. Just pathetic. Gonna have to make sure I won't buy appliances from them. La Facture/CBC Marketplace also warn against them as they have a poor track record for their appliances and support.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

Depends which ones you get.  If you do your research prior to buying, you'll have a good experience...

My house is loaded with Samsung products,  TVs, Bluetooth Speakers, Washer, Dryer, Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher.    None of them have had an issue (knock on wood).   Some models have defects, while some are well built.

Up to the consumer to figure out which ones are the lemons and which ones are not, unfortunately.

0 Likes