Original topic:

Swipe typing word prediction needs serious work.

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 10:55 AM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Others
Consider this a bug report. Swipe typing on samsungs keyboard has always been annoying, and today it reached new levels of annoying when I was trying to text someone a simple response: I'll be arriving sometime tomorrow. It took 4 tries to get the keyboard to understand that I was trying to type "sometime" instead of aubergine, dungeons, skein, etc. In the attached photo I swipe typed simple phrases, and you can see just how inconsistent it is.

Shouldn't the keyboard be able to predict what word should come next and determine what makes the most sense out of the characters my thumb passes over? "I'll be arriving aubergine" makes no sense, and for some reason its a very common word that pops up when swipe typing. 

Ive never had issues like this on GBoard. Making me believe this is a samsung keyboard issue. Im not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, but this is super annoying and it should be fixed. 

9 Comments
Halston
Options
Others

Hey JohnH,
Please perform the clear cache of the Samsung keyboard and get back to us with the results.
Go to Settings>> Apps>> Select Samsung keyboard>> Storage>> Clear cache.
Make sure that you have enabled the smart typing option under keyboard settings. Within Smart Typing you can enable or disable settings like Predictive text, Auto replace, Suggest emojis and Auto capitalize.
Go to Settings>> General Management>> Select Language and input>> Tap on On-screen keyboard>> Select Samsung Keyboard>> Select Smart typing>> Predictive text>> Enable it.
Then restart your device once and check if it works fine.

0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Others
issue still persists after clearing keyboard cache, and making sure all predictive text and auto replace features were enabled.
vardhilg
Beginner Level 4
Others

Hey I've been having the exact same issue and I've been frustrated with this from over a year. I've made 2 changes due to wrong predictions till here. 3 more in the last line and now I'm typing the conventional way lol. The resolution provided to you seemed totally bs to me and there's nothing that can be done. Reporting to the tech support won't help ig. My MI phone was awesome, atleast in this feature. Anyways,  just needed to vent it out lol hoping for some effort by them, all we can do 

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hey JohnH,

Thanks for your response. Please check for the Samsung keyboard update from the Galaxy store or play store and verify if it works. Samsung always recommends to keep the devices updated to the latest version for a better device experience.
For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application.
Follow the below steps to submit and Error report.
- From the Samsung Members application tap the "? or Get help " icon.
- Tap Send Feedback.
- You will be directed to "Send Feedback" screen. Tap Error Reports.
- A message will populate to log data stored in the system. You can choose to Always send or Just this time. We do recommend to be connected to Wi-Fi network depending on your mobile network plan.
- Once you have selected system log data, you will be able to choose from a category on what issue your device might be experiencing. Please choose a category to proceed with "Error Reports".
- Lastly, please enter issue details and attach any screenshots you may have. Once complete, tap on Send. Please note, attach screenshots to better ensure an answer for your inquiry. This will help resolve the issue your experiencing.
However, we consider it as valuable feedback and will forward it to the concerned team.

0 Likes
vardhilg
Beginner Level 4
Others

Hello, pls check for yourself if it works or not before you suggest it. Do you fully understand what the issue is in practicality? Please try to give your full and get it done if you're really trying to help. Thanks. 

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
yes my wife and I had some issues with the samsung keyboard. for some reason it likes to break up a single word from time to time. it happens completely at random.
Halston
Options
Others

Hi TBone,

Please follow the above steps and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
nspoly80
Active Level 3
Others
after latest update the keyboard became more laggy
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi nspoly80,

Please perform the clear cache of the Samsung keyboard.

Go to settings> Apps> Select Samsung keyboard> Storage> Clear cache.

If the issue persists, please provide us the model number of your device which can be found under device settings.
Go to settings> About phone/tablet> Model number.

0 Likes