Original topic:

System Upgrades for three years

(Topic created on: 12-02-2019 07:45 PM)
Siqiuyi
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Any idea if Samsung we change the policy to upgrade their devices with three major Android annual upgrades.
Currently they only provide two major upgrades. But I typically use a phone or tab for 3 years. It has been a serious concern for me.
Thank u.
10 Comments
Others
3 or 4 years would be amazing they have such powerful phones I hope someday they change their policy
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Others
one ui wouldn't make sense for the 7. but its not like it wouldn't work. just a few adjustments and i think it could still work. or they can always make a different software experience for the older devices.
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Others
most likely they won't. Because the maintaining will cost them resources while keeping you away from buying new phones, which means less profit they can make of you.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Others
I have to agree it's a business and it wants to make money. Since it's mostly software stuff over hardware now a days it's not worth it for a company to give old phones such updates.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
I think that any time now samsung will change their support policy. if the customers want it and are always asking for it, I think there will have to come a time where Samsung will have to change it to make us customers happy. honestly samsung should be happy customers want software upgrades for another year or 2, their devices are more then capable of doing it.
vape
Active Level 10
Others
Doubtful, Samsung is the king of android and they know this. Think of it if it was you're company and money still coming in hot and as fresh pancake! Would you change? The real battle is getting apple people to convert and that's been Samsung real problem. The bottom line is money not so much the consumer. definitely not like the old days where they had to make something that last. This goes for everything in the market from sink taps to cars to cellphones.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
@ vape - ya there probably is some truth to what your point is. we the consumer can always hope. that being said samsung and apple copy one another all the time to appeal to customers old and new. so samsung may have to change some time to longer software support years.
0 Likes
Siqiuyi
Active Level 4
Others
not only about Apple, compare to other Android phone Samsung is not doing good. And be careful they are catching up. like oneplus and xiaomi
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
ya I know eh?. This is one of those cases where competition is actually good because forces companies like Samsung and Apple to improve in areas where they are weak. I.e software support and updates for samsung.
0 Likes