Original topic:

The Photography Series 📸 - Thanks!

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 01:55 PM)
ZMAHD
Options
Others
Hey everyone, just wanted to say thank you for all the support recieved from my little Photography Series! 

I want to personally thank @Sabrina from the Samsung Members Team for pinning the posts to Members Lifestyle and also to @CHMultimedia for giving me the idea to start the series in the first place! Likes and comments on these posts are appreciated 🙌

I cover two key areas and you can find the posts here:

Introduction:

Camera:

Post Editing:

So... What Now?

Well, I wanted to see some of the photos you guys are taking and how you're applying some of the tips because I know how incredible the Galaxy Gallery is getting! I would love it if you guys tag me or use the hashtag #Phototips ! 

The main reason I want to do this is because I am going to be starting a project here on Members called... 

The Monthly Grid 🤳
In this, I or one of the Community Moderators (if they are interested) will choose 9 top photos for the month and make a grid of those posts, it's modeled after Instagram! Mainly, I want to see this turn into something where everyone is encouraged to go out and take great looking photos. Maybe if this gets popular, we can get the Samsung Members Team to add in a new badge of sorts!

Again, thanks for the support! Super excited to see what you will be making!
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
And I'll be going a tad deeper into the subject and explore Pro Mode controls. Coming soon (after my phone gets fixed/replaced again lol)Good job on the series!
Others
YESSSS! would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on the niche controls in Pro Mode. Also, if this Monthly Grid thing gets enough traction, it would be great to have you be one of the "judges" that picks some of the pictures for the series.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Me? I'm flattered.
0 Likes
Others
you were kind of an obvious choice since you have pictures like these 😉
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/FlowerShot/td-p/1114791
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Well then, where do I sign? 😂
Though TBH I was delaying this series until the Wiki article functionality was added to S Members since there were a few hints about this in the Web version but your series kind of expedited the process. Continuity
Others
Continuity of the series whether it be you or me would be great because weirdly we think alike when it comes to Photography lol
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @ZMAHD,

I love the idea of turning the Galaxy Gallery into an Instagram-style grid, thanks so much for taking the initiative on this! 😁 Factoring in both board structure and engagement rates, I think we might want to consider reducing the number of top photos to 3 per month.

The badge idea is definitely something I can talk to the Members team about implementing—we can award a badge to those who have their photos selected for this grid! Let me know if you have any ideas of what it could be titled...

Cheers,

Sabrina

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I think the badge already exists. I got it by accident one day and it vanished afterwards

Though I agree that a top 3 would be better, and IF one month there's a lot of excellent pictures we could add some "runner-ups"?
Others

I think Trendy Photographer could be an option. 

I can also work on some badge mockups since I am a part-time graphic designer! 

0 Likes