Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Two steps verification

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 10:00 AM)
ik
Active Level 6
Options
Others
What's the point of forcing us to use 2 steps verification with a phone number to log into our samsung account? 
Are we supposed to remove our SIM before losing our phone or what?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Others

2FA is more secure. You will get notify when someone login to your account and you can change password when needed. But the draw back is...if you change phone number, you may not able to get sms code to log back in to your account. So, I have desktop and laptop ignore the 2FA.

View solution in context

Solution
keagan
Options
Others

Hi ik, It is always recommended to save your backup codes. To get the backup codes, please login into your Samsung account via web and use Backup codes by tapping "View backup codes" which allows you to view five codes at a time and you can use (once per code) to verify your identity if you have a problem with receiving codes via SMS or lost your phone. You can either save the codes for later use or generate new ones.

View solution in context

12 Comments
Solution
Others

2FA is more secure. You will get notify when someone login to your account and you can change password when needed. But the draw back is...if you change phone number, you may not able to get sms code to log back in to your account. So, I have desktop and laptop ignore the 2FA.

ik
Active Level 6
Others
I did know that it was possible, thank you @Tallman
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
There is another option. I use Microsoft Authenticator and sync/backup on OneDrive. Switched phones with no issues. I also find it more reliable than SMS. I had a few times I never received codes to login via SMS.
0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Others

Hi ik, It is always recommended to save your backup codes. To get the backup codes, please login into your Samsung account via web and use Backup codes by tapping "View backup codes" which allows you to view five codes at a time and you can use (once per code) to verify your identity if you have a problem with receiving codes via SMS or lost your phone. You can either save the codes for later use or generate new ones.

ik
Active Level 6
Others
Thank you @keagan , I'll try that.
Rebekka
Options
Others

Hi   ik ,

It is good to hear that your issue resolved and thanks for Accepting the solution. Please reach out to us anytime if you have any issues with the device.

0 Likes
Samsung_hn1DUka
Beginner Level 2
Others

I don't want 2FA.  Security is getting ridiculous. I have a password to get into my cellphone.  I want to use Samsung Pay (was using it with my S8) but now I need 2FA to get Samsung Pay to work on my S20.  Plus, when I sign to Samsung, it does not always send me a text and I don't want a text because I will have to pay for them because of my cell phone plan.

ik
Active Level 6
Others
I feel you bro, trust me.
Others
If you have Apple device, you will thow it away. Create 1 new account you need 2 codes, one from email and one from phone. Every time login to account, you need code or no login. Cannot bypass. If you can't access your account without code, wait 30 days and wait for Apple contact you.

Recently, I help my client create a bunch of accounts. See my screenshot how many codes I have. Luckily have unlimited sms plan or I am broke. 🤣😂😅