Original topic:

UN55NU6950FXZC HDR?

(Topic created on: 01-29-2019 12:36 PM)
P1133
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
Hello everyone! I have purchased a UN55NU6950FXZC, and the box, the manual, and every site that has it listed online say that it has the latest version of HDR. However, I cannot find the spot in the TVs menu to enable HDR, like other Samsung TVs have (usually it's in the 'expert settings' of the 'picture' section of settings).

Does this TV have HDR, like the box, manual, and site suggest? If so, how do I turn HDR on or off? Or is it always on? Thanks so much for your help! :)

Cheers!
11 Comments
Others
@P1133, This forum is mostly for assisting Samsung Members with any issues pretaining to their mobile devices. You will have to call Samsung for further assistance with your TV.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Well there's nothing that prevents him/her to ask for help here about any Samsung electric device.
0 Likes
Simba1
Active Level 6
Others
Did you buy it brand new?
0 Likes
P1133
Beginner Level 2
Others
Yes, from Best Buy!

Cheers!
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Others
It's in advanced picture settings.
Settings➡️Picture➡️Expert Settings
There's a whole slew of settings for you to manually adjust or auto adjust your picture. It's a great TV, especially for gaming...Enjoy!
0 Likes
P1133
Beginner Level 2
Others
Thanks so much for the reply!! Unfortunately, I have checked in the experts settings, and it is not there, which is why I am a bit concerned.. Thanks again for the info though!!
0 Likes
Others
this form is not limited to just mobile devices.. Members can post here about questions they have regarding any Samsung products.
MoeJones
Beginner Level 2
Others
so this is all just a waste of time and energy for canadians as neither smart things or the new OS is working
0 Likes
rickatk
Active Level 1
Others
The TV has HDR sensing by default. If you come across an HDR source signal, HDR is activated. HDR activation can be confirmed by looking on the home bar source setting (Dynamic, Standard, Movie). There will be a small HDR icon attached to the icon.

Sometimes the icon doesn’t show in Netflix titles but the picture is definitely HDR.

When you are viewing an HDR source, the TV automatically adjusts the expert settings for HDR. Have a look, when the TV is scanning in HDR go to expert settings and you will see a lot of the fields are turned up, more like Dynamic, even though the picture doesn’t appear bright and overlit like Dynamic.

The HDR button in expert settings is for applying an HDR upscale to SD and non HDR HD sources. This setting is a matter of preference if you like to use it or not. I find it oversaturates and softens the image.

Unfortunately there is conflicting versions on these points. The tech support folks have a different understanding than the web literature. I have come to my conclusions after trial and error.