Original topic:

***UPDATE*** Hubby's S9

(Topic created on: 05-03-2018 06:24 PM)
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Options
Others
So thanks to a couple of you who were helpful and one who wasn't so helpful .. Hubby's brand new phone is pooched ... they're sending it away for a couple of weeks but aren't hopeful that it'll be fixed.

Rethinking my upgrade now lol
10 Comments
Server
Active Level 6
Others
certainly it seems like a one off situation.
condemning the whole line... then Apple would've fell thousands of times.

However............

should Sam determine the fault / cause was not attributed to abuse/ etc. then a full swap with a non - refurb unit would be the right thing to do to restore confidence.
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Others
They already examined it and determined that it's not due to damage ... as for the upgrade.. I am due for one... and I never said a word about Apple lol I was torn between the Note and S9 ... I would NEVER get an iPhone!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I strongly believe that one should not change/upgrade phone until the present one is not able to fulfill it's purpose properly in a manner that cannot be fixed by a repair. It's better for wallets and the environment :)

It is quite unfortunate for your husband though. I hope he'll get it back soon, or get a brand new unit (don't think there's many refurb models after only two months no?)
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Others
I need a better phone for work purposes . This S7 is 2 years old and failing constantly .
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
What do you mean by "failing"? I have virtually no issue with mine.
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Others
The battery drains super fast and yes I've done ALL the suggested things you should do to save battery power ... dropping or not even putting calls through... speaker issues when in call ... shutting down on its own ... App crashes non stop even the pre installed apps ... and I could go on lol

No my phone has not been damaged ... yes I have done all the cache cleans lol I've factory reset twice lol
0 Likes
aarondesj
Active Level 4
Others
My wife has the S7 and the batter shows as "Bad" under diagnostics and she has had it for a year and a half.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
I also have S7edge and absolutely no issues with any like what you mentioned...
good luck with your choices...
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Others
Mine isn't an edge lol Just a plain old S7
0 Likes