Original topic:

Unpacked 2020 - Amazing Experience and Incrediblely Thankful

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 02:17 PM)
jokkir
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Unpacked 2020 is finally over and I have to say, that was an INCREDIBLE few days there. At first, not fully believing I got chosen to go, but actually being on the plane, on my way to San Francisco then landing, it all set in.

I had the pleasure to meet @Jess13 and @dabnkwah and together, we represented the Samsung Members in Canada for the 4 day trip and although the trip was short I felt like we got to know each other so well. 

I've always wanted to go the west coast and San Francisco was the perfect place to go to. Beautiful city, stunning sunsets, and incredible vistas. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire time we were there and only became cloudy on the plane ride home. And thanks to Samsung, we were treated to go around the city either planned by then or they gave us a chance to explore the city ourselves. 

I finally got the chance to try In-N-Out (spoilers: it was kind of disappointing): 

Got to see the lazy sea lions chilling by Pier 39:

Got to see the breathtaking view of the Golden Gate Bridge (and how windy and cold it was going over the bridge): 

(Last photo shot on my Sony A6400)

Got to see Alcatraz:

(Shot on my Sony A6400)

And of course, being in person, at Unpacked, is just a dream come true:

I've never been to these kinds of events but being there in person, then seeing favourite YouTubers and media (I saw the people from The Verge, Engadget people, Atola Visuals, Moment, etc) and then trying out the new S20's, Galaxy Z Flip, and Galaxy Buds+, was surreal. We were one of the first to try it out and we were, in a way, part of the media to try them out. It was great seeing how things were actually filmed behind the scene right after a tech event and being absolute amazed by the new devices. That 120hz screen on the S20 is so good + that new camera? Incredible! and I can't wait to try it out more. And the Z Flip's tiny outside screen is adorable and amazing at the same time. 

I made a kinda-ish vlog video while at Unpacked to document to what happened: 

*Edit - actually having difficulties uploading it with a server error or something so I just uploaded it on YouTube*

YouTube link:

(A bit low quality. I'll upload a better one elsewhere)

But the absolute best thing about the past few days was meeting everyone from around the world. We all had a mutual interest in technology and Samsung and everyone was so passionate and incrediblely welcoming. 

HUGE shoutouts to the Samsung UK members and how hilarious and outgoing they were. Team Canada shared the table with them during the welcome dinner, and they honestly set the mood for the entire trip for me. Hilarious individuals and it felt like they were a huge family. 

And a very special shoutout to Ed, the winner of one of the awards with his incredible photos he took while there. 

Follow him on Instagram via @shotby _ed to see his photos.

I've never seen someone take so many amazing photos and edit it in such a short time span. Really inspirational. Hope you get to see your photos at New York one day.

And another shoutout to Samsung USA. Super friendly members and hanging out with you on Day 3 was very fun. 

I made friends from other countries like the members in Japan, Korea, Mexico, India, UAE, SEA, and so ona nd also to the people who were working to make the even even more special for us. The photographers too who who chasing us everywhere taking photos wherever we go. 

And of course, very, very, special shoutouts to Samsung, and Samsung Canada for letting me go on this trip. I was told that the employees back in Samsung Canada offices enjoy my photos so I really hope to share more in in the future with you and everyone else in this community. I always love sharing my photos and showing what phones (and especially Galaxy phones) can do. I hope to never change that and I'm looking forward to the camera improvements on the S20. And from the brief time I had with it, I don't think I'll have any worries.

This really was an unforgettable experience and I really hope to join again in the future. Thanks a million, and I'm extremely grateful.

- Carl

And some miscellaneous photos:
(Shot on my Sony A6400)

(Shot on my Sony A6400)

I'll be sharing more photos soon but there's a 10 file limit here (or getting server errors) from both my mirrorless camera and phone. 

Also, if anyone is wondering, I shot a lot with my camera instead of phone cause I was mostly filming with my phone and doing mostly photography with my camera though I did take a lot of photos with my phone as well.
7 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
awesome and thanks for sharing, sounds like a great time, and one of the best parts is meeting other Samsung members from other countries and interacting with them
0 Likes
Others
Nice video clip. Pretty sure you are really enjoy the event. Thanks for all the beautiful photos and good conclusion of Unpacked 2020. 👍🏼👏🏼😄
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
What lenses do you have for your a6400? Your shots looks good and I'm in the market for new lenses myself

Sounds like a great experience. I could never be able to go there. Thousands of kilometers away from everything you know, surrounded by strangers... I'd be nervous all the time. Just the thought makes me uneasy
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hi @Jokkir,

Wow! That's really well documented. Thanks for sharing with us your experiences! Glad to hear you had fun, and wow - you've certainly got an eye for photography. Thanks for the fun read!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
Thanks for the feed back... looks like you had an awesome time... something to remember for the rest if your life .
Others
congratulations...
0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Others
I totally missed this amazing post! Looks like you had an amazing time!

Did you get your s20 ultra? :winking-face:
Hope you are enjoying it!

😊
0 Likes