Original topic:

Unpacked in Barcelona

(Topic created on: 03-01-2018 10:21 AM)
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Options
Others
Samsung Memebers. 

As you know 4 of us got selected to go to the Unpacked Event in Barcelona, Spain. I'm sure you will hear from some of them, I just wanted to write a little to tell you a little of my experience. 

From Canada the trip to Barcelona took over 15 hrs for me. I left Ottawa around 6pm and arrived in Barcelona around 3pm the next day with two stops, one in New York, And the other Munich, Germany. After arriving we checked in the hotel got little while to relax and then off to supper. 

Our first surprise was tickets to the FC Barcelona game. For those that are also on the Samsung members Facebook page I'm sure you seen pictures. The stadium is one of the biggest in the world I believe (I'm writing on the plane so no Wi-Fi to back that up yet). And the team has a huge fan base. At the game I believe the attendance was around 80,000. They love their "football" like Canada loves hockey, but think of 3 times bigger. It was an amazing experience to see them play, and win 6-1. 

Our second day was a tour of old Barcelona. I took a ton of pictures that eventually I'll try to post on the Facebook page. The city was amazing, it was a guided tour so not only did we get to see it we got to hear the historical information as well. I was a huge fan of seeing the old buildings it looked like straight out of the movies. 

In the evening we went to the main event, the Unpacked Event. There was a ton of people luckily we where able to bypass security. Seeing the unveiling of the new S9 live was great, it beats a live stream. Afterwords we got to spend some time around the Unpacked Event area where we saw a demo with the Slow Mode guys. And got to test out the S9 and S9+. We also met with DJ Koh and got pictures with him. Unfortunately there wasn't much time to actually speak or ask questions to him but meeting him was still a once in a lifetime opportunity. After the event we went and had Tapas and we all talked about the S9. 

The final full day in Spain we went to Plaza de la Sagrada Familia. It's a church that they have been building for over 800 years. And all I can say is WOW it is beautiful. Pictures do not do it justice. Once again check the Facebook group for some or even Google it as it is amazing. In the afternoon we got some time at MWC 2018 to see some of the other booths as well as Samsung's booth. There was alot to see and alot of people. It was a cool experience being there. That night we had dinner and saw a Spanish dance. I believe it was the flamingo. It was a great show and really cool to see it. 

One of the other great parts of the trip (there are so many) was meeting all the other Samsung Members from other communities. France, UAE, Mexico, Turkey, Poland, Spain, and Korea (I hope I got them all) and hearing there stories and culture was so much fun and the bonus of the whole trip was my plan was delayed and I missed a connecting flight so I spent a night in Zurich, Switzerland. It was my first time leaving North America. Seeing Spain and the other countries I stopped in for layovers was an amazing experience.

I'd like to thank Samsung for the invite, and Steve as well. Plus to the guys I went with I'm glad I made new friends and experienced it all with You! If you guys have any questions then ask away!

013208d1-ccc3-43b8-96d4-2339cf0b945a.jpg
5240053a-0e1a-4db5-98f6-a2d39663be8f.jpg
6655231c-f3ac-488b-b1fd-127620623a12.jpg
7 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @Habsfan, thanks for sharing with community! We are glad to hear that you had a great experience at the events!

- Wonchul
s23curator
Active Level 5
Others
lucky guy!
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
pleased to hear that a good time was had by all
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Others
super awesome guys! looked like u guys had a blastttt!
0 Likes
DirtyHarrie
Active Level 1
Others
Yeah that looks awesome. Glad you had a great trip!
0 Likes
CeeKay
Active Level 5
Others
Love the group picture!!
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Others
Awesome! Thanks for sharing such a detailed overview of your trip - sounds like you guys had an amazing time! :) I have family that are travelling through Europe in September and will get to see the Plaza de la Sagrada Familia as well... I'm jealous!