Original topic:

Update Samsung Experience Service!

(Topic created on: 09-08-2018 06:26 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Hello yet again! You guys remember the leaked Samsung Social platform? Yeah I didn't either. It leaked in December and then... nothing for months. Well, not anymore!

The new platform does not come as a Facebook copycat or even with its own app. Well, technically it does. Anyway, the new functionality comes in compatible apps following an update to the Experience service. Go in Galaxy Apps to make the update!

Now you probably wonder what in the world is Samsung Social? Well, it's a set of features across many apps to make them more... social. The first function was here since Oreo update. It was that shared profiles function in the Contacts app. Yup, you could share your profile with other people with a compatible Samsung phone. It was kinda fun. Now, you can also share albums with other Samsung account owners, in the form of groups with shared albums. I tried the service, it's actually good!

Here's officially what the service is about:

"Samsung Social enables you to (a) upload content on your Samsung Social timeline and share them with those in your Samsung Contacts list; (b) add comments to your friends’ and family’s Samsung Social profile or timeline; (c) create a group of people you care about, to easily share your photos, videos, and more, and engage in communications; (d) share your photos, videos, and more, with multiple devices, the number of which may be limited or changed due to legal, technical, or business reasons. "
0 Likes
8 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
I've had the share albums for a few months I believe, on my s9+
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Really? It only appeared after a recent update to Experience Svc to me. I'm surprised. Maybe a staged rollout/testing phase on the S9 to see if it actually interested people?
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
could be a s9 type feature that is finally rolling out to others , but ya
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
Ohh please noo a huge NO!!
Samsung seriously needs to stop doing this, they are already notorious of introducing things people doesn't want and classified as the biggest bloat promoting OEM. Now they'll get even more hate from the vanilla core android community.
This is a utter copy of Google+, the Google replacement Samsung trend that everybody hates. To know more about this trend, watch 'Dear Samsung' by Marques Brownlee.

Even though I love Samsung dearly, I'll admit their software department suckss greatly! Their hardware is the best there is, but it's the software that makes the experience sour.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I agree that sometimes, they seek to enhance the UX in the wrong way. It ends up being bloat, and consequently deprecated. Sometimes it's the actual good stuff that gets axed (Samsung Link was great to have your phone, tablet and TV work together and share videos seamlessly). That's why I wanted them to try and make an A-grade (as in A-Series-grade) Android One phone. I would expect great feedback from it, so they would know that less is more. Invest your energy on what we truly want. Don't diverge in 2000 different projects that end up canceled.

Just that they don't axe any good stuff like themes, Good Lock, AOD, S Internet, the non-Google basic suite of apps so I don't have to give away all my rights to a data-driven Google, S Music...

However I don't subscribe to big "famous" people's YouTube video opinions. So easy to be biased.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
Yeah exactly, they're investing so much money and effort on all the wrong places. Hundreds of different useless Google replacement projects, hundreds cancelled over time. Cycle continues over and over again. Samsung needs to hire new software team, think what would happen if they bought Cyanogen. People would drool over their UI.

And agree, now a days many high profile reviewers and tech websites are heavily biased and get paid. But there are some though who are greatly impartial, like Marques Brownlee, Jerry Rig, Michael Fisher.
You can try listening their reviews a bit though, you'll like it. Very impartial and consumer perspective contents.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
My comment was erased by mistake while typing it.... again. won't be hiding my frustration. 🙁😡😤😞
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
Hehe lol xD happened to me multiple times too.
Samsung should invest a little money on improving Samsung Forum, instead of spending ton on making useless apps. Other forums are so fun to use, even Chinese forums like Mi Forum are filled with badges, achievements, gifts etc. to all users from around the world. And Samsung doesn't even put a button for a confirmation to avoid delete or back by mistake.