Original topic:

Usually complain but...

(Topic created on: 04-04-2018 06:39 AM)
dude92
Active Level 5
Options
Others
I have mentioned a few times my distaste in Samsung as of late. Slow Bixby and software updates really got on my nerves, and especially when the only reason is to cater to bigger markets. I felt unimportant as a customer to them, like the $1000+ I spent on this phone didn't matter in comparison to some guy in new york spending the same amount of money.

In any case, I huffed and went on a few rants saying I would abandon Samsung. Now I have a new enemy, a greater one...why is this damn notch in everyone's displays??!! It looked bad on the iphone x, so why is everyone else doing it? I may very well need Samsung at least once more to avoid that ugly thing!! They could be getting another chance to wow me. May opt for a Note, though. Question for Note owners: because Note models arrive later in the year, does it feel like less of a wait when it comes to "the big" software update (ie. A new version of android)?
0 Likes
22 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
the notch is gimmick...in order to say they have large screen to body ratio. I think it's the dumbest thing ever, but some sheeple like is...oooooh, so innovative
Others
+1 and it's ugly as sin 🍏 🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Ha... Hahaha! Notch for higher STB ratio? No notched phone has a higher STB ratio than the S9 (85%. Others have 82%).

I find the notch is the ugliest thing in modern technology history
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
it's a higher ratio in comparison to their own devices without notching the screen. I wasn't comparing it to other devices. they want to be able to say they are over a certain percentage, not THE biggest, just bigger as if they improved from their previous model. however the notch is a deficiency in my book
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
So, you say they do that to lie, as if they had an actual engineer and your screen is technically bigger, but the additionnal space is unusable
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
here's a quick article https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/why-are-android-phone-makers-embracing-the-notch/
0 Likes
Others
When it comes to the notch, I only have 3 words to say: No Thank You
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
Get a Note. Way better than the standard S series devices. As for the NOTCH it's just android manufacturers trying to fill a niche market for dumbies and to fight fur marketshare because they can't compete with Google and Samsung. Sad LG sunk to a new low.
0 Likes
Others
I've always had Note devices until my Note 4 suffered the emmc failure and picked up the S7 (fine device just too small for me) I've had & still have just about every Note device - But the main feature of the Note is the Spen and that something that I never ever used.. Ever. The Sx+ series is perfect for me - it's got the size and the muscle without the unused baggage of the Spen 🙂🐧