Original topic:

Usually complain but...

(Topic created on: 04-04-2018 10:18 AM)
dude92
Active Level 5
Options
Others
I have mentioned a few times my distaste in Samsung as of late. Slow Bixby and software updates really got on my nerves, and especially when the only reason is to cater to bigger markets. I felt unimportant as a customer to them, like the $1000+ I spent on this phone didn't matter in comparison to some guy in new york spending the same amount of money.

In any case, I huffed and went on a few rants saying I would abandon Samsung. Now I have a new enemy, a greater one...why is this damn notch in everyone's displays??!! It looked bad on the iphone x, so why is everyone else doing it? I may very well need Samsung at least once more to avoid that ugly thing!! They could be getting another chance to wow me. May opt for a Note, though. Question for Note owners: because Note models arrive later in the year, does it feel like less of a wait when it comes to "the big" software update (ie. A new version of android)?
0 Likes
dude92
Active Level 5
Others
Thanks for your opinions, the Note looks more amazing each year. What has stopped me from buying one before is the S-pen...I can't really see myself using it. However, I love the screen real estate on the Note!
0 Likes
Others
On the other hand - Smuggler's Notch in Vermont is an enchanting place to spend some time 🙂🐧
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Others
The whole update issue may change with the latest galaxy devices that support project treble.
0 Likes
dude92
Active Level 5
Others
and project treble is....??
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Others
https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-project-treble-841067/
0 Likes
dude92
Active Level 5
Others
damn, that's actually some good news...hopefully it pans out. Unfortunately I have the s8+ and by the sounds of it won't be part of project treble.
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Others
The OP has valid point.

Regarding notches, Samsung is way too smart to start destroying their entire market share if they decide to add the disgusting notch ie. poor man's engineering excuse to implement sensors into 'bezel-less' displays.

52c9f171-44ca-4dff-8867-d784b1d82d6e.gif
Others
it's purely cosmetic. it serves no purpose but looks flithy. I know when I was at Unpacked 2018 for Galaxy S9 they made a joke bout the notch so I can't see Samsung headed that way! we're safe from the notch!!!
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
Regarding your question, Note series is always served as Samsungs second flagship. The main Samsung flagship is S series. Also in Note series, Samsung tests different new features and if they do well, they implement it on their S series flagship. That's why they also face more problems than S series.
0 Likes
dude92
Active Level 5
Others
Good to know, thanks.
0 Likes