Original topic:

We are in dire need of content curation!

(Topic created on: 03-29-2020 07:55 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Spam on the Galaxy Gallery is growing each day and it's getting ridiculous. We really need to have a curation procedure to only let worthy pics on the Gallery. That means that everything irrelevant to Samsung Members would not be allowed, substantially boosting the overall quality of the gallery. The gallery, from a management perspective, is here to showcase the camera performance of Galaxy devices. Allowing everything there impacts the seriousness of the platform.

To be clear, I am not proposing the Gallery to become an elitist platform. It's just that tons of pictures that belong to a (bad) social media are posted there, often they're just images, not even pics from a phone. Ideally though, there would be two sections on the Gallery. A carefully selected list of the best pics ever posted and just "All pics". At least the spam will be filtered that way and people will have direct access to the good stuff. Win-win

We also need a posting charter for the main community.
7 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
I like this idea!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Hopefully they implement it because when I open the app, I see this rubbish which definitely does not belong here, in any sense of the word.

(Not the Women History Month post from Jeremy)
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Agreed!
It also wouldn't hurt to do the same with the forum, ugh the same questions over and over could all be moved to one post (I guess nobody has that power or someone's being extremely lazy 🤷‍♂️) and also have a section with known solutions 🤦‍♂️
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Others
the women's history month post doesn't belong here either,where do we draw the line. remembrance day, black history month, Chinese new year...
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @CHMultimedia,

Thanks for sharing! Like I said before, its important to share and be welcoming to new members, But I definitely see value in highlighting the "best of" or even "most frequent" questions and posts too for the gallery. We've received your input!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I totally agree that we must be welcoming to new members. I guess I should work on that. However, the forum itself should strike a great first impression to newcomers too but I'm glad to know this feedback was properly received! Thanks!
Others
YES! THE AMOUNT OF RANDOM STUFF I SEE ON THERE RUINS THE PLARFORM. I am in big favour of this quality control
0 Likes