Original topic:

📺What are some of your thoughts about Samsung TVs?📺

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 03:08 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

205076-OZ78R2-2.jpg
People photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com
February is coming up - and so is Valentines Day! My girlfriend lives pretty far away - so its hard to get together to celebrate. I think when we do though, we both love to just sit in front of a TV and watch our favourite shows together(The Office, Friends, the usual!) :') 

Speaking of TVs(How about that curve ball transition eh?),

What are some of your thoughts about Samsung TVs/favourite Shows? What are some of your favourite apps/shows/movies to watch? What are some things about Samsung TVs that you love, and what are some questions you may have?

There's a lot of questions here! Whether its talking about your favourite things about the TVs, questions you may have, or even your favourite shows or movies, We'd love to know what you think! Please post your responses in the Lifestyle section, or comment below!

Cheers,

The Samsung Members Team

53 Comments
theone123
Beginner Level 2
Others
I love mine
theone123
Beginner Level 2
Others
🖥🖥🖥🖥👩‍💻👩‍💻👩‍💻
JonathanQC
Active Level 2
Others

I will never buy any Samsung product EVER. My tv (UNKS8000) just died last night (verticale lines defect, a common problem with this model). The tv cost me near $2000 cnd at the time and 3 years later died!

F8F914F4-CEE0-4D04-A8D1-030CC759C697.jpeg

What I’am suppose to do now Samsung? Buy a new tv ?!

hackoff
Beginner Level 4
Others
Sony or Samsung Qualcomm dot
Samsung_PN3Y17q
Beginner Level 2
Others

can i **bleep** get some adaptor or 3rd party tool device to connect my UA32EH4000R (UA32EH4000R) to my wifi or ethernet network?

Samsung90Tman
Beginner Level 2
Others

Just purchased the 90T and just found out it has only 1 HDMI 2.1 Port. I am getting the PS5 and Xbox series X. Is there a HDMI 2.1 switcher I can buy so I can hook up both systems to the 2.1 Port? I don’t have the room for a AVR setup so I’m hoping there’s a way to hook up 2 next gen consoles to this tv to use. I’m hoping someone has a solution!!!!

Hatttar11
Active Level 4
Others
this will be your favorite part in
0 Likes
Hatttar11
Active Level 4
Others
yas
0 Likes
ThePapavader
Beginner Level 2
Others

Just bought The Frame TV. We bought it for the aesthetic of having a TV that looks like a frame and for the art mode.

Technologically speaking, it delivers. Superb look, gorgeous vivid pictures, good speakers and the art mode is fantastic. We also bought the white frame to go with it and it's looking really good! I love the idea behind the One Connect box and so fare it seems to be working splendidly!.

Now for the drawbacks:

1) Tizen **bleep**. It is a really bad idea, adequately implemented. It barely has the most used apps (like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Plex) and they are mostly the only ones usable in our region. Why didn't they go with an android system is beyond me. I hate the fact that I have to buy a separate device with another remote just to get full functionality. Be warned, apps like Steam Link exists, but only in some region and not other.  Not in Canada at least. Sigh.

2) Art mode is really lacking. You can import your own art or photos, sure! But storage is limited to a whopping 500MB! (that's less than the age old CD, folks) In 2020, this is outrageous. And do not think for a minute that you can add any storage. While the TV will happily read any USB key you throw at it, you can't actually use the images  until you import them to the TV storage! Fantastic! Samsung is really trying to push you towards their Art subscription service. Good thing for me I know my way around a paint program and know how to format my photos and compress my JPEGs correctly.  The carousel mode is is a nice thing, but despite people asking to add a simple randomizer to it ever since 2017, it still has not been updated, so the carousel ALWAYS has the same order.

3) Peripheral prices. They are EXPENSIVE!!!! The basic replacement frame will cost you 200$ Canadian, for some plastic and magnets. They look really nice though.  And if you want to put the cable in the wall be warned that the one provided is not rated for in-wall installation. Do not install this in the wall as it can void any insurance if disaster strikes. If per chance you would want to pass the cable into the wall, you'll have to buy this cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XTXF3MY?tag=price18694-20&ascsubtag=wtbs_5f9cd065f843b32e3fa52c48 which is 310$ Canadian. (it says 2019, but I have seen from an installer that it works on 2020 models)

I don't regret my purchase, but I wish I had known some of these things beforehand.

0 Likes
BSolomon
Active Level 1
Others

Sorry for duplicating comments. I am still new here. 

0 Likes