Original topic:

What new product or feature you are most excited about? 📱

(Topic created on: 08-13-2020 02:50 PM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

I hope everyone is doing well! We hope everyone enjoyed the Unpacked event on Aug 5th. If you missed it, you can watch it here!

For this month’s Member Monday, we want to know: What new product or feature you are most excited about?

Galaxy Unpacked 2020.png

We look forward to reading your answers!

Cheers,

The Samsung Members Team

70 Comments
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
I forgot to add that the additional features of My Phone app are exciting, too. But, I wonder if DeX is getting competition from it. Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for them?
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
DeX is a standalone feature, if you choose to use it as such. The Your Phone/Link to Windows capability may eat at the DeX on PC usecase, but DeX on its own is a completely different thing.

Case in point: I literally sold my PC and am only using DeX for my daily computing now with a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and a desk dock for my S10+.
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
Galaxy Z Fold2
0 Likes
nspoly80
Active Level 3
Others
i don't care about new products. after last updates my S9 got lots of problems bugs seems SAMSUNG doin the same thing as Apple did to the customers!
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hi nspoly80

Please try to wipe the cache partition of your device and check. Follow the below steps:

Turn off the device >> Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key >> When the Android logo displays, release all three keys >> An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear >> Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition >> Press Power key to select >> Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select >> When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted >> Press the Power key to restart the device.

I hope it will fix the issues. If you have any particular issue please right back to us and we will be glad to help you.

sdcochin
Beginner Level 2
Others
same here after the updated on s8 maps will stop working after few seconds and say" GPS signal lost" tried clearing cache,still same issue.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hi sdcochin,

There are several reasons why a phone's or tablet's GPS signal may not work properly, such as a communication failure with the satellite. Other times, it could be because your Location is disabled or because you are not using the best Location method.

GPS works best where signals can be received. It requires a direct, open view of the sky in order to communicate with satellites.

The following can result in the lost connection of GPS signals:

- Tall buildings are blocking a direct view of the sky, or when there is not a clear view of the sky.

- A storm is causing obstructed views of the satellites.

- There are too many clouds, although this is highly unlikely.

- The GPS settings are not turned on.

- The device's screen has been turned off.

Check permissions for the GPS app

Open Settings on your device, and then swipe to and tap Location.
Tap App permissions to view your apps. Apps that have location enabled constantly will be listed under ALLOWED ALL THE TIME. If your GPS app is listed under this section, then the location is enabled.

Apps that use your device’s location only when you open them are listed under ALLOWED ONLY WHILE IN USE. Apps that are not allowed to use your location are listed under DENIED.

If your GPS app requires permission, tap it, and then choose to Allow all the time. Now your GPS app will be allowed to use your location whenever it's necessary.

Also, Open Settings >> Location >> Tap Improve accuracy >>Tap the switch next to your desired options. For the best results, make sure both Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning are turned on.

lordj
Active Level 4
Others
I'm back guys I've been gone for a longg time now I'm back so if you
guys want to live chat you can live chat with me
0 Likes
Others
I have to say I am super excited about the Galaxy Watch 3 as well as the Galaxy Buds Live. I think the buds live have a unique shape and no other wireless buds out there from any other brand have something as unique as this....besides those tooth brush headphones 😂

the Galaxy Watch 3 I am also super stoked for because I love my wearables. I currently have the Galaxy Watch and it seems like the Active 2 was the "Galaxy Watch 2" and now the Galaxy Watch 3. it's just too bad we won't have blood pressure and ECG in Canada but hopefully it won't be like that for too much longer...or its probably the same as the Galaxy Watch just with a leather strap and better battery. can't wait to try out the new buds live though. The colors are amazing even though the bronze looks a bit like rose gold I'm sure it will attract alot of females which is always a good thing to get them away from their precious iPhones LOL

Kudos Samsung on another successful Unpacked
Limank
Active Level 1
Others
I know this doesn't relate to the event but I am really excited for Android 10 on my tab a 10.1 because of the amazing new features!! I do have one question, will Samsung capture come for my device? if it does that will be amazing!! thanks loved the event❤️!!
Cheers,
Limank
0 Likes