Original topic:

Wipe cache partition for all devices EN/FR

(Topic created on: 12-23-2019 08:15 AM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Hi, 

When you got a major update, sometimes some files got corrupted so WE recommand you to make a Wipe Cache Partition after each major update. This does’nt affect any of your files but can improve your device’s performance and resolve many problems that could happen after a major update
To check how to make a Wipe Cache Partition on your device, just download this file and click on your device. You'll see the comment appear with the description on HOW TO.

If any error appears, please let me know, i will change it as soon as another user confirm it also.

Sometime, you need to connect your device to a computor with a USB filage to make it work...

Wipe Cache Partition is similar as a Tune-up for a car, so will it be better or not for your device ?

Enjoy

You have to download the file and click on your device to see how to proceed,...as exemple, this is what you should see if you click on Samsung Galaxy J3

Wipe cache partition for all devicesWipe cache partition for all devices

Here is the link to download the file:

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVm1GOj5C5ExBvKXn4K8XCyAcLc

Lorsque vous obtenez une mise à jour majeure, parfois certains fichiers sont corrompus, nous vous recommandons donc de faire le nettoyage du cache système  (wipe cache partition)  après chaque mise à jour majeure. Cela n'affecte aucun de vos fichiers, mais peut améliorer les performances de votre appareil et résoudre de nombreux problèmes pouvant survenir après une mise à jour majeure.
Pour vérifier comment  effacer le cache sur votre appareil, téléchargez simplement ce fichier et cliquez sur le modèle appareil. Vous verrez le commentaire apparaître avec la description de COMMENT FAIRE.

Si une erreur apparaît, faites-le moi savoir, je la changerai dès qu'un autre utilisateur la confirmera également.

Vous devez télécharger le fichier et cliquer sur votre appareil pour voir comment procéder, @ Shaggyskunk1 devrait m'aider pour ceux que je n'ai pas encore résolus ... à titre d'exemple, c'est ce que vous devriez voir si vous cliquez sur Samsung Galaxy J3

Wipe cache partition for all devicesWipe cache partition for all devices

Voici le lien vers le fichier francophone :
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVm1GOj5C5EyR5J1NnNcQW4XHu0

17 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
BrotzLeviathan68
The answer is NO, it only delete the system cache files that can be corrupted and it reconstruct them again to make your device better,
Wipe Cache Partition is similar as a Tune-up for a car, so will it be better or not for your device ?
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
@Cassidy merci beaucoup! 🤙
Toujours de bonnes informations et vous donnez des informations et des liens appropriés 👍
Pouvez-vous modifier cela et dire qu'il est recommandé de sauvegarder l'appareil avec une sauvegarde smartswitch et / ou cloud puis une réinitialisation d'usine avant toute mise à jour, en particulier les mises à jour majeures.
Et si vous ne le faites pas avant la mise à jour, le cache d'effacement peut vous aider après coup 🤷
Et je suppose que cela n'ajoute rien d'important ...

@Cassidy thanks so much! 🤙
Always good info and you give proper info and links 👍
Can you edit this though and say it's recommended to backup the device with smartswitch and /or cloud backup then factory reset before any update especially major updates.
And if you do not do that before the update, the wipe cache can help after the fact 🤷
And I guess add it doesn't delete anything important😉
0 Likes
Samsung_Cz8eb4E
Beginner Level 2
Others

The link no longer works

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
@Mytech
I never made any factory reset before or after any update BUT if something works wrong after a major update Wiping the cache partition always resolve my problems
0 Likes
blakktarget
Beginner Level 2
Others
pls how should I swap it
0 Likes
Members_uA78j1e
Beginner Level 2
Others

When I press on my phone device s20fe nothing happens

0 Likes
FragOut
Beginner Level 2
Others

@Cassidy Can you add a link for Fold Z3. Android 12 has killed my connectivity.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
Try this
1. Hold the Power button and Volume Down to open the power options where choose the Power off.
2. When the screen goes dark press the Volume Up and Power keys together.
3. Let go of all held buttons when you see the Recovery mode on the screen.
4. Then you should select Wipe cache partition. Use Volume Up to navigate and the Power button to accept it.
5. Choose Yes and press the Power key to confirm that operation.
6. After that select Reboot system now with the Power key."
0 Likes