Original topic:

Z fold 2 quick review

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 09:23 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
So I've been using this phone for more or less than 2 days now and I must say... I'M IN LOVE! Honestly, this phone feels super premium. And thanks to the new hinge mechanism, it feels super solid and sturdy too.  But only time will tell how sturdy it really is. It is a bit on the heavy side but honestly, I feel like that's a good thing considering it's a foldable and all. It contributes to how good the phone feels in hand and the weight is well balanced. Folded, it is a bit thick but I'm used to it already. The front screen is more than usable compared to the original fold. And when unfolded, the magic happens. The screen is just beautiful! Paired with great speakers, media consumption is just awesome! The brightness is good too to view under direct sunlight. The camera is just like on the Note 10 plus. Honestly, I would've liked to have something like the Note 20 Ultra camera or maybe even just the S20 plus. Specially for the price paid but oh well. Not like the camera is bad. You just don't get those crazy zoom levels. But honestly, is that even really necessary? Lol. Battery life has been good too. I've been using it non-stop and using the bigger screen all day and it still lasts me the full day. I only need to charge it the next morning/afternoon.

Watching video reviews or seeing pictures of the phone don't do it justice honestly. It's such an awesome device. If foldables are truly the future, Samsung is most definitely on the right track.

Comparing it to the Note 20 Ultra, this fold 2 is more comfortable to use IN MY OPINION. Obviously both these phones are BIG phones. But what's comfortable about the fold 2 is that when you use it folded, it's smaller so more comfortable to grip. And then when you want, you unfold it to use as a tablet and it makes your experience much more immersive. I haven't had any issues typing or doing anything on the front screen of the fold 2. Camera quality, obviously I don't get the crazy zoom levels. But the pictures have more in focus since the sensor is smaller. Honestly I prefer that than having a crazy high pixel count. Obviously the fold 2 doesn't have an S pen. So it all depends on your preferences and how you use your devices. I don't use the S pen that much so I can't say it's an issue for me switching. I prefer the bigger, more immersive screen.

Comparing it to the original fold, it's easy... it's better in every single way lol. Just the hinge itself sets it worlds apart!

This is just a quick review and my own personal opinion.  I can talk about so much more and in more details but that'll take forever... lol.

My only real complaint is that I feel like the price is just too high. Mainly because everything was removed from the box. No case, no buds, not even wired earphones. I understand the tech is better than the original fold, but by removing so much from the box, I think it should have had a lower price regardless.

Anyway, here are a few pictures and camera samples (normal lighting, night picture without night mode, night picture with awesome night mode that now works nicely!)

9 Comments
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Deeezzyyy, Congratulations on your new device. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and writing a detailed review of the device.

Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
thanks 😊
0 Likes
Others
Congrats on receiving your new device. Those pictures turned out great. I especially like the screen wallpaper of the dragon and the warrior. That wallpaper definitely suits the phone.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
hehe thank you! 😁
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
awesome reviw and thanks, I'm definitely interested and would love to have the fold, but I'm scared I would break one of the screens on it
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
yeah for sure. the inner screen would be the most fragile one. but I feel like it is solid enough. only time will tell. the outer screen is solid just like any other phone.
0 Likes
Others
Wow wow, dragon case. Thanks for taking time to tell us how good is the device. If it has SPen, its going to be my next device. Good reviews Bro. I like the Dragonball wallpaper 😁
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
thanks! 😁 I believe that maybe one day, it will have the S pen. but they need a way to have a better than plastic screen first.
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi @Deeezzyyy,

We love your post! Can you DM us to start a private chat as we would like to use your post about the Galaxy Z Flip/Fold in upcoming content that is currently being developed for marketing to share with our fans and followers?