Original topic:

any ideas?

(Topic created on: 04-15-2019 03:34 PM)
brandanct
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Does any know why this is happening? I have the setting that uses my data when wifi is week turned off. Yet the data keep popping on even though I've disabled the feature. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
7 Comments
Others
I have the same issue. I just need to turn off WiFi and turn it back on again. Problem resolved.
0 Likes
Others
Do you have both Cell Data & WiFi turned on at the same time? Because if you do it will automatically switch to Cell Data when there is no WiFi connection available 🐧
Others
Yes, both turned on. But the issue for him is both WiFi and Data icons shows at the same time. I have to turn off and on WiFi to make the LTE icon go away.
Options
Others

I think @Shaggyskunk1's suggestion might be the answer @brandanct! Please let us know if disabling mobile data solves the problem 😊

If it does, please don't forget to click "Accept as Solution" for others who might be having the same issue.

Cheers,

Sabrina

brandanct
Active Level 4
Others
but then why offer a disable switch for that? if it's not going to work.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Others
I ran into a problem sorta similar to theirs yesterday. I definitely turned mobile data off because I was getting close to my limit before they charge you mega dollars for being over your plan and later found it back on only because I seen the Lte show on my screen. Second time turning it off it stayed off
0 Likes
brandanct
Active Level 4
Others
Thing is, before the OneUI update, everything worked normally. I shouldnt have to keep turning wifi AND Data on and off interchangeably. defeats the purpose of the switch button in the photo. why offer that option, if it's just going to do it anyway. I'm getting massive mobile charges, and Bell disables the Data On/Off drop-down button. I have to do into the setting menu every time? I'm so frustrated with Samsung. 10 years I've been using it and for every feature they add, 2 are taken or stop working.
0 Likes