Original topic:

anyone else see this msg?

(Topic created on: 05-30-2020 09:41 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
I heard a while back that Samsung cloud is likely going away. Is this the start of the switch over to OneDrive maybe? 

0 Likes
14 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Yep that's their plan.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
Yes. OneDrive is replacing Samsung cloud in August IIRC
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
so it sounds like we will be forced to switch over eh. I hope we wouldn't have to make an account or something. 🙄
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
yep, forced to switch. Will see how that goes.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
You need a Microsoft account
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
😪 I was afraid of that.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

No problem at all, i sync and switch to Microsoft Onedrive after you announce it and everything works OK but they don't give 15 gb if you already have a  Microsoft account (only 5)... this is the bad part of the thing.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
I already have O365 family plan so that gives me 1TB cloud storage for each account. So not terribly affected by this change.

Though I still refuse to link to OneDrive as their gallery sync is less functional. It doesn't allow backup of images in SD card or folders outside the gallery. I don't think they ever fixed that.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hey @TBone,

Samsung Cloud is being decommissioned as we migrate to Microsoft OneDrive. Depending on the user's device they will be able to sync directly to OneDirve and link their Samsung Account with their OneDrive account to better manage cloud storage.

0 Likes