Original topic:

finger print sensor

(Topic created on: 10-18-2020 04:28 AM)
LilacJosh
Active Level 3
Options
Others
One of the best decisions I ever made about a phone is choosing  "Samsung ultra note 20". However, I have to mention the fingerprint sensor is taking too long to recognize my identity. Before, I used an iPhone and one plus; both phones unlock faster than note20.
PS: Changed settings to open quickly with less safety mechanism features, but still fingerprint takes extra time.
8 Comments
Halston
Options
Others

Hi LilacJosh,

Glad to know that you like the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

Samsung applied Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner on the device to ensure security and offer convenient usability. Due to enhanced security about fingerprint registration and authentication, you may not be able to register or scan your fingerprints if you use a 3rd party's protective film or thick protective films. Also, make sure to use the highest central part of the fingerprint or the most curved part of the fingerprint when you register or scan the fingerprint.

LilacJosh
Active Level 3
Others
Hi Halston,
Thank you for responding. I am not using any third-party films, and yes, when we use the phone with one hand brings the real issue.
Others
the member is absolutely right, I also don't use a 3rd party and it gives me hard time to register it. after a very long time trying. lovely, it doesn't unlock the phone from the first attempts. then I end up entering a password.
LilacJosh
Active Level 3
Others
Thanks for responding.I add my same finger one more time, and it gives a better result.
Halston
Options
Others

Yes, @LilacJosh, adding more than one finger will also help, and thanks for sharing this with our community members.

0 Likes
Linc
Active Level 6
Others
sometimes scanner takes a second to read.. i would suggest registering the same finger twice for better results, that might fix this issue..
Cibi
Active Level 6
Others
after watching this YouTube video 📹 , you will love your sensor
Link https://youtu.be/r9v3H1dOyQc
Others
I don't want to switch to iPhone.
my wife is a big apple fan, but it sux that she sees another reason to mock samsung.
I have two-lines, both are samsung.
the 2nd line is going to be an iphone
0 Likes