Original topic:

headphones recommendations?

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 05:30 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
Hey I'm looking for recommendations for some new headphones. The ones I'm using now the battery in them is showing the signs of its age😪 (about 4 years of heavy useage). I wore out the power switch on the pair before these ones, so I'm a heavy user of headphones so I need a pair that's built durable and if bluetooth has good battery life. Also I would consider a pair of headphones with a long cable 🤔. I'm looking for a pair of real over the ear durable build (no flimsy and fancy crap) I prefer push buttons because they seem to hold up better over time. Also I'm wondering how are the new galaxy buds? Are they a good alternative for over the ear for sound? Please let me know 🙂 I'm looking for an upgrade to these ones I'm using now.

7 Comments
Others
try plantronics... that one is good.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Push buttons are going extinct soon. The trend is towards capacitive touch areas.

The Buds aren't a good alternative for over the ear headphones. Maybe a good alternative between two midrange in ear headphones but nothing more.

AKG has good headphones. Check their noise-canceling headphones or the AKG Y50BT/C50BT. The Y500 sound worse (I used both).

I also have the Sony WH-1000XM3 and they're a whole level above. And the Bluetooth battery life is much higher than the 4 hours quoted on your headphones' package. Plus class-leading noise canceling along with broad support for Bluetooth codecs like AAC, aptX, aptX HD and of course the highest quality LDAC.

Of course a price always help in order to find a suitable product. The options listed above cost in the hundreds.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
thanks for the info 🙂. I'm raising the budget this time around because I want something good.
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Others
I agree with CHmultimedia WH-1000XM3 (Sony) are just the best. Even better than Bose QC35 👍
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
I checked out the Sony WH-100XM3 out today at best buy they where really nice. I haven't pulled the trigger on then yet.
0 Likes
DEEJAYZ
Active Level 1
Others
Dr,Dre Beats
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
I bought Sony head phones. I find Dr Dre headphones I'm sure they are decent headphones but your more so paying for the name.
0 Likes