Original topic:

it looks like samsung thinks 100x zoom is pointless.

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 04:27 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
I was reading this article and it looks like the note 20 won't have the "space zoom" which is fine because I think it was c*ap anyway. But I guess there is leaks to suggest that the note 20 will have samsung's 108MP camera sensor. Ya I hope for Samsung's sake it's not the same camera hardware as the S20 ultra, because the hardware is c*ap but I'm not holding my breath. 

Here's  the link

https://www.androidauthority.com/?p=1121110 Samsung's Galaxy S20 Ultra touted 100x zoom, but it was useless for the most part.

10 Comments
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Others
good do better Samsung! Samsung note line has been different and typically always better when it comes to implamented new tec specs. why shake a winning formula. niche market or not. the note line up in my opinion have always been the greatest Samsung could really do. I have no issue paying for the new tec at near 3k. haveing said that it would have to be actually woth it in different innovation. new camera big batteries. reinvented wheels is not what we are looking for here Samsung. just put good tec in and dare to be different. you have the market for it least now. just be reasonable. you want 2-k for the next latest and greatest. then tey an stare away from past model specs.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
honestly I think Samsung should aim more towards the software side of things, better and longer support for these types of prices that they're asking for now. honestly Hardware in my opinion can only get you so far, I think software is the other half of the equation that they're really lacking on.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Others
they certainly do offer less in the way of update support. in comparison to competitors. that being said tho they are a business and they did offer 3-5 years upgrade on flag ship devices. i can't see them making much future money. let's be honest about it..here is a top of line line phone consumer also we support it foe 5 years. no need to buy the next new innovation. we have to be realistic. you buy a car and the warranty runs out after x amount of years. so does the sale promo of other free stuff they gave u at purchase.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
my point here is mainly that Samsung s20 Series is right up along the decide iPhone competitors for instance. so from my provider the galaxy S20 base model is $1,300 before taxes to buy it it right. so samsung supports that device for 2 O.S upgrades and you will get a decent 3 years of support. then you may or may not get a fourth-year at support depending. and then you're basically pretty well forced into making a choice and in most cases they would want you to buy another galaxy device. what I'm trying to say here is at that price they should give you at least five years of support. think of it like this, that's the cost of a decent TV or a kitchen appliance. if you had to replace that said appliance every 3 years you would think that was completely unacceptable. but since it's a SmartPhone since when did this become acceptable, see what I'm saying?.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
maybe it's just me. maybe I'm just a cheap *ss 😂
Others
The "100 zoom" was a marketing scam from the beginning lol.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Others
oh yes definitely. i agree with you there. the zoom has always been a grainy experience for me with past devices. i was skeptical that with such a high reported number. they suddenly became that much better. let alone the leader in zoom technology. i am not sure when the smartphone became such a market for tryin to attach a cannon professional grade camera to the back of it.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Others
oh I definitely agree with you. the cost has risen exponentially. yet they still offer the same lack luster support services and old time frames for updates. they certainly have alot to improve upon. however the amount of sales just tells them that people will pay those prices. or get tired of waiting so upgrade anyway. that in my opinion is the real problem. there is not enough customer base sitting back and objectively looking at this trend. plus doing anything about it that will effectively drop sales.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
yes I would agree, but I feel the tide is turning I think for samsung. I think more and more people are starting to see that the upgrades are minimal even between Generations of devices. but samsung is asking premium prices for minimal upgrades and with poor software support. don't get me wrong I do like Samsung Hardware, it's just for me I feel like the software support is really what is causing me to second-guess. that being said the rising competition and the diminishing sales year-over-year, I feel is going to force Samsung have to take action to satisfy their current customers going forward.