Original topic:

notch

(Topic created on: 03-13-2018 03:43 PM)
Mattie
Active Level 5
Options
Others
I don't know what Samsung user's think about all these new smartphones coming out with notches on the top screen, guess to have the appearance of more screen, well it is more screen, but looks like a defect in manufacturing, but for me I really dislike that notch and really hope that Samsung doesn't go down this road for the appearance of more screen, I am really happy with the way Samsung design is and if there is no way to make the front of the screen 100% screen, that's fine Samsung, but No notch please. What do others think about notch? 9f4ab0b6-f6a1-4590-a9d1-7ebdf1a1bbb3.jpg
ca2074ae-c9ca-43d1-9ac0-a2acfadc1984.jpg
91d4e8b5-dc5f-47e0-b64f-23a2d9e0f36a.jpg
0 Likes
18 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
On the live stream it was mention in reference to the notch and the way I heard it Samsung will not go with the notch...
Hope this eases your mind
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
'Notch' completely ruins the full screen experience, current Samsung Infinity Display is the best full view display as it gives better than bezel less experience without causing any functionality problems that other bezel less devices causes and I hope they'll keep it like this. Also, making 100% screen on front will result in a very fragile device and poor holding experience which will deter customers, just look at terrible sales of Xiaomi Mix, iPhone X, Sharp Crystal, Essential etc.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
We all agree to dislike the notches. Even LG is seemingly going forward with that design flaw, so my fav company is going to be my only choice in the future, which isn't too bad.
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Others
The notch is a terrible design flaw. I feel sorry for those that have to watch videos on a screen with a notch. During Apple's Keynote for the iPhone X, they were boasting how immersive photos and videos were.... I was fully immersed in the notch.. 😭
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Others
Lmao 😂
Others
No notch for me, thank you, it's a terrible design
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Others
It will be funny when Apple brings out a new iPhone without a notch.
Mattie
Active Level 5
Others
It's funny how people think apple was the first notch phone wasn't it the essential phone first? Please correct me if I am wrong.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
It was the Sharp Aquos S2. But Apple is the one blamed since everyone is copying their notch. The S2 notch is the Essential Phone notch