Original topic:

one U.I version 1.1 question

(Topic created on: 07-22-2019 11:25 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
So I have a Galaxy S9 snapdragon version running one U.I version 1.0. So I have been watching some videos mostly with the Galaxy S10. Something I have been wondering is why is it taking so long to get some one U.I updates for the Galaxy S9? even automatic night mode! I don't even have that yet. It would appear at almost every other phone running one U.I has this already🤷🏻‍♂️. Also something that I have been seeing on the Galaxy S10 is a Bixby routine toggle. yes I know I said it....... but this Bixby routine toggle seems to have something that I have suggested that Bixby would have several months ago and it would be pretty cool to actually have this on my galaxy S9. This is Something that actually would kind of make Bixby actually useful to me. So I guess what I'm asking is do any of you possibly have any kind of information to share on this topic.
0 Likes
7 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
So a guy that I work with has a Galaxy S8 and he got one U.I after I did and yet he managed to get something like automatic night mode before me. while my mother just got a Galaxy A20 and she has one U.I version 1.1. So to me this is kind of getting ridiculous that the Galaxy S9 Series are falling behind.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
ya they need to Focus on software support and not always "the next big thing" Because if they are not careful they will not be selling any devices in the future if they can't support their devices with software updates.
0 Likes
Others
Samsung seems to have been having some issues with their Snapdragon updates - Not only the last OTA for the S9 series (two Night Mode QS Tiles & One of them crashing) & June Security Patch OTA put on "Hold" for the S10 series - I THINK that this is a bit unusual for the OTAs to not only be slower than expected (Samsung has received criticism for the speed of their updates anyway) but I don't recall OTAs actually being released with errors... but maybe I am suffer from memory loss.
It's also important to note that there are two variants - Exynos (Samsung's own chip) & Snapdragon which is what the North American market (ours included) has & Exynos seems to receive updates faster fwiw... 🐧
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah I always known that Samsung was always a little slow pushing out updates but This is almost getting ridiculous With these problems with OTA updates.
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Others
I own a S9+, and I am with Koodo (Telus) and I just had a look at my one ui version and it's 1.0 🤔 Strange
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
ya i know 🤦🏻‍♂️ w.t.f right 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
kidflash
Active Level 4
Others
I've an A70 it's running one u.i 1.1 on the may security patch
0 Likes