Original topic:

people still don't understand Samsung pay

(Topic created on: 12-10-2018 10:18 AM)
Parzival
Active Level 1
Options
Others
I often encounter cashiers refuse my Samsung pay and does not allow to pay with it. I always have to preach them it does not use NFC but magnetic. So frustrating... 
9 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Tell them you bet 100$ it will work.
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
this happens all the time at Wal-Mart
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Others
don't tell them just do it and say it's Apple pay
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
@flamebird786 that's exactly what I do, I just use it, and if the rep says anything i just say "just watch" and then they are super surprised when it does work, i even had a Walmart employee say my iPhone doesn't do that and that's where i plugged Samsung in and said ya iPhones can't but Samsung can and you should get one and wink lol
Burbs
Active Level 1
Others
i need to stop listening to them then lol
0 Likes
Others
@Parzival, I work in the retail (liquor store) industry and have a lot of customers that pay for their purchases with their phones. In my opinion those cashiers that refuse your Samsung Pay have no clue as to how it works and probably don't have Samsung Pay installed on their phone. Just laugh in their face and think "I told you so"
Samesung
Active Level 10
Others
Every time I show people they are dumbfounded. Super convenient and if they don't like it I leave my purchases at the till and say see ya. Even had the Payless store manager say her and her husband wanted new phones and now she knew what she wanted.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Others
I used Samsung pay at the apple store. But I used it to get over the pay pass floor limit. I don't carry physical cards on me anymore. Funny enough the cashier knew what I was trying to do. So she covered the paypass nfc and let me use mst instead. I guess her being Korean helped though. I never have any push back using Samsung pay in Korean restaurants here in Montreal.
0 Likes
Others
Whenever I go to Walmart, they always tell me they don't have tap, I tell them I know and use Samsung Pay anyway. The funniest was when I was at self check out using Samsung Pay and the guy next to me saw me use my phone to pay, so he tried with his iPhone, I looked at him and said, it's not working for you? He said no, I said get a Samsung. LOL
0 Likes