Original topic:

pixel line

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 02:12 PM)
pixelline
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Bought the 75 inch QLED90 For $5000 and some change... Warranty expired 31/10/2019.. now go figure a a thin Blue vertical pixel line and a thin black horizontal line have now appeared on my screen.... Contacting Samsung was useless.. basically said I'm s*** out  out of luck& $5000 unless I want to pay the $3100 repair myself to have the panel completely replaced.... I asked if they could let me purchase extended warranty they refused cause I was a month out of warranty. I asked if they would atleast cover half the cost cause you would expect a tv with this price tag on it not to run into these issues.. again I was s*** out of luck there as well... Was a avid Samsung user, tvs phones, tablets.. but this lack of care they show their customers is unreal... Spend so much money again and again on their products, putting money in their pockets yet when you lose money out of your pocket cause their poorly built products they just turn their back on you.  Loyal customers for a very unloyal company.. currently now own a $5000 Samsung.. Thank you Samsung for absolutely nothing 
3 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
I don't know where you are but here in Quebec, we have a consumer's protection law where you can take legal action and they will be held responsible. Not normal for a 1yr old $5000 tv to need a panel replacement.
pixelline
Active Level 1
Others
I'm in Ontario
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others

You could probably make an argument in Ontario as well.  I (once) had an LG TV, and same thing happened to me (but much worse defect), was 1 month out of warranty ,and they refunded me the price of the TV because they didn't manufacture any more of that model.    Hopefully LG isn't better than Samsung in this case...

Though If you paid with a Credit Card, normally the card's insurance will double the warranty period.